Clinical Research Coordinator Associate
Company: Stanford Medicine
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: January 10, 2022
The Center for Interdisciplinary Brain Sciences Research (CIBSR)
in the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at Stanford
University's School of Medicine is seeking a Clinical Research
Coordinator Associate (CRCA) to support research combining
behavioral & neuroimaging techniques in the study of
neurobehavioral development of children with Gender Dysphoria, as
well as studies of cisgender youth. The CRCA will screen potential
subjects for MRI studies; train subjects for MRI scanning
procedures; operate the MRI scanner; administer questionnaires and
cognitive/behavioral assessments; archive and organize genetic,
behavioral and imaging data; process and analyze MRI data; review
relevant scientific literature and assist in statistical analysis
of data. This position will occasionally entail work outside peak
business hours (e.g., evenings) to accommodate scanning sessions.
The CRCA will work closely with project coordinators to track
project progress, meet deadlines, anticipate project needs,
communicate with project collaborators offsite, train and supervise
undergraduate students and train other staff as needed. The CRCA
will assist in developing protocols for MRI scanning and data
analysis and will be responsible for various lab maintenance and
organizational duties. CRCAs are encouraged to work on scientific
manuscripts for publication submission.
- Serve as primary contact with research participants, sponsors,
and regulatory agencies. Coordinate studies from startup through
- Determine eligibility of and gather consent from study
participants according to protocol. Assist in developing
- Coordinate collection of study specimens and processing.
- Collect and manage patient and laboratory data for clinical
research projects. Manage research project databases, develop flow
sheets and other study related documents, and complete study
documents/case report forms.
- Ensure compliance with research protocols, and review and audit
case report forms for completion and accuracy with source
documents. Prepare regulatory submissions and ensure institutional
Review Board renewals are completed.
- Assemble study kits for study visits, monitor scheduling of
procedures and charges, coordinate documents, and attend monitoring
meetings with sponsors, acting as primary contact.
- Monitor expenditures and adherence to study budgets and resolve
billing issues in collaboration with finance and/or management
- Interact with the principal investigator regularly, ensuring
patient safety and adherence to proper study conduct.
- Ensure essential documentation and recording of patient and
research data in appropriate files per institutional and regulatory
- Participate in monitor visits and regulatory audits.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Neuroscience, Psychology, Computer
Science, Statistics, Physics, or a related field.
- Knowledge of REDCap preferred.
- Previous experience administering cognitive/behavioral
- Previous experience working with sensitive patient populations
as well as children and adolescents is preferred.
- Previous experience with human subject
- Understanding of behavioral principles.
- Experience with neuroimaging (MRI) data collection.
- Experience with programming in R, SPSS and/or other related
- Strong facility with computers, database programs, statistical
analyses, and neuroimaging analysis is desired
- Strong written communication skills.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
- Two year college degree and two years related work experience
or a Bachelor's degree in a related field or an equivalent
combination of related education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSES:
- Society of Clinical Research Associates or Association of
Clinical Research Professionals certification is preferred.
- Frequently stand, walk, twist, bend, stoop, squat and use fine
- Occasionally sit, reach above shoulders, perform desk based
computer tasks, use a telephone and write by hand, lift, carry,
push, and pull objects that weigh up to 40 pounds.
- Rarely kneel, crawl, climb ladders, grasp forcefully, sort and
file paperwork or parts, rarely lift, carry, push, and pull objects
that weigh 40 pounds or more.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University
will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a
disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential
functions of his or her job.
- Position may at times require the employee to work with or be
in areas where hazardous materials and/or exposure to chemicals,
blood, body fluid or tissues and risk of exposure to contagious
diseases and infections.
- May require extended or unusual work hours based on research
requirements and business needs.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well
with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal
responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns;
uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable
University policies and procedures, including but not limited to
the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's
Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu .
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4924
- Employee Status: Regular
- Pay Grade: F
- Requisition ID: 91143 As an organization that receives federal
funding, Stanford University has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement
that will apply to all university employees, including those
working remotely in the United States and applicable
subcontractors. To learn more about COVID policies and guidelines
for Stanford University Staff, please visit
Keywords: Stanford Medicine, Redwood City , Clinical Research Coordinator Associate, Accounting, Auditing , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!