Clinical Research Coordinator
Company: Stanford Medicine
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: May 4, 2022
The Greicius Lab at Stanford University invites applications for
a Clinical Research Coordinator. This will be a joint position in
which applicants will have the opportunity to work alongside
another Clinical Research Coordinator to gain research experience
in genetics. Successful applicants will gain first-hand experience
in data collection, processing, and analysis in a diverse
laboratory setting. The Greicius Lab seeks to investigate
neurodegenerative disorders with an emphasis on Alzheimer's
Disease. We use genetics and neuroimaging methodologies to search
for genetic variants that protect older healthy controls from
developing Alzheimer's Disease or variants that increase the risk
of developing Alzheimer's Disease in younger cases.
The ideal candidate will have an interest in a variety of topics
including genetics, biology, and different neurodegenerative
diseases (i.e. Parkinson's Disease, Lewy Body Dementia). The
Clinical Research Coordinator position entails the management of
administrative responsibilities as well as hands-on involvement in
research projects with a potential to contribute to publications.
This position requires high attention to detail, excellent
communication skills, and organizational prowess. Experience with
data management, especially using REDCap, is strongly preferred.
Knowledge of basic programming (i.e. Python, R) and the UNIX
environment is ideal but not required. Bachelor's degree in
Biomedical Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, Physics,
Neuroscience, Cognitive Neuroscience, Psychology, is desirable.
This position requires a minimum commitment of two years.
Please submit your CV, cover letter and a minimum of two letters of
recommendation with your application.
- Serve as primary contact with research participants, sponsors,
and regulatory agencies. Coordinate studies from startup through
- Determine eligibility of and gather consent from study
participants according to protocol. Assist in developing
- Coordinate collection of study specimens and processing.
- Collect and manage patient and laboratory data for clinical
research projects. Manage research project databases, develop flow
sheets and other study related documents, and complete study
documents/case report forms.
- Ensure compliance with research protocols, and review and audit
case report forms for completion and accuracy with source
documents. Prepare regulatory submissions, and ensure institutional
Review Board renewals are completed.
- Assemble study kits for study visits, monitor scheduling of
procedures and charges, coordinate documents, and attend monitoring
meetings with sponsors, acting as primary contact.
- Monitor expenditures and adherence to study budgets and resolve
billing issues in collaboration with finance and/or management
- Interact with the principal investigator regularly, ensuring
patient safety and adherence to proper study conduct.
- Ensure essential documentation and recording of patient and
research data in appropriate files per institutional and regulatory
- Participate in monitor visits and regulatory audits.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
- Experience with data management, especially using RedCap is
- Knowledge of basic programming (i.e., MatLab, R) and the UNIX
environment is ideal but not required.
- Bachelor's degree in Biomedical Engineering, Computer Science,
Statistics, Physics, Neuroscience, Cognitive Neuroscience,
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
Two year college degree and two years related work experience or a
Bachelor's degree in a related field or an equivalent combination
of related education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSES:
Society of Clinical Research Associates or Association of Clinical
Research Professionals certification is preferred.
- Frequently stand, walk, twist, bend, stoop, squat and use fine
- Occasionally sit, reach above shoulders, perform desk based
computer tasks, use a telephone and write by hand, lift, carry,
push, and pull objects that weigh up to 40 pounds.
- Rarely kneel, crawl, climb ladders, grasp forcefully, sort and
file paperwork or parts, rarely lift, carry, push, and pull objects
that weigh 40 pounds or more.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University
will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a
disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential
functions of his or her job.
Occasional evening and weekend hours.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well
with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal
responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns;
uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable
University policies and procedures, including but not limited to
the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's
Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
As an organization that receives federal funding, Stanford
University has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement that will apply
to all university employees, including those working remotely in
the United States and applicable subcontractors. To learn more
about COVID policies and guidelines for Stanford University Staff,
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4924
- Employee Status: Regular
- Pay Grade: F
- Department URL: http://med.stanford.edu/neurology/
- Requisition ID: 93084 As an organization that receives federal
funding, Stanford University has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement
that will apply to all university employees, including those
working remotely in the United States and applicable
subcontractors. To learn more about COVID policies and guidelines
for Stanford University Staff, please visit
Keywords: Stanford Medicine, Redwood City , Clinical Research Coordinator, Accounting, Auditing , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!