IT Project Portfolio Management (PPM) Administrator
Company: Stanford University
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: January 14, 2023
This position reports to the UIT Project Management Office and
is responsible for Project Portfolio Management (PPM)
administration, Project Coordination, and supporting PMO process
improvement activities. The position is responsible for supporting
project coordination activities and project managers on large and
complex technical projects. The position is also responsible for
providing ServiceNow PPM application support to UIT Project
Managers, identifying opportunities for ServiceNow PPM workflow
improvements, ServiceNow PPM Configuration, Design,
Enhancements/defect fixes, testing activities and report
development in partnership with ServiceNow Business Operations
Team.Core Duties*PPM Administration (30%)
- Provides technical expertise and support to UIT Project
managers on the ServiceNow PPM Application.
- Creates and updates ServiceNow PPM reference documents as
- Provides support and/or participates in process improvement
initiatives, software release updates or projects related to
ServiceNow PPM. Participates in ServiceNow enhancement and defect
- Assist with monthly PPM/PMO audits, reports and follow ups.
Proactively monitors and reviews project data in PPM application,
performs project quality checks and works with UIT PMs on
corrections. Escalates any issues to PMO Management as needed.PMO
Process and Methodology (30%)
- Administer the UIT PMO project intake process and procedures
including coordinating project qualifications and demand
management, creating resource plans, and evaluating resource
- Facilitate project meetings where appropriate and distribute
minutes to all project team members.
- Assist with PPM/PMO process improvement initiatives as defined
in the PMO roadmap. Examples: Standardization of PMO documentation,
PMO documentation Cleanup, PMO website redesign etc.
- Assist with meeting agenda and presentations for PPM governance
- Attends all regularly scheduled PPM Core and PMO team
- Provide administrative support to UIT Project Managers on large
projects as needed.
- Assist with scheduling and supporting complex project
meetings.* Other duties may also be assignedQualification:Education
and Experience--- Bachelor's degree and one year of related
experience in management of small sized projects, or combination of
education and relevant experience.Required Knowledge, Skills, and
- Highly effective written and oral communication skills to
address a wide variety of audiences.
- Ability to productively assemble, engage, and lead
- Ability to balance customer expectations.
- Demonstrated resilience, diplomacy, influence, relationship
building, and problem solving skills in a variety of
- Keen grasp of interpersonal and impact awareness.
- Depth of knowledge in technical discipline/domain needed to
deliver projects.Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of Agile and Waterfall project management
methodologies strongly desired.
- Knowledge of project management tools and software development
lifecycle (SDLC) desired.
- Proven ability to build relationships and motivate
cross-functional teams to achieve results in a consensus driven
environment strongly desired.
- Solid facilitation skills strongly desired.
- Ability to navigate stressful situations and make/negotiate
decisions on complex problems strongly desired.
- Solid experience with MS Office tools (Word, Excel, Project,
PowerPoint, Visio) desired.
- Knowledge and understanding of University operations,
administration and community desired.
- Knowledge of quality assurance and testing practices
- Understanding of web applications desired.Certifications and
LicensesProject Management Certification desired but not
- Frequently sit, perform desk based computer tasks, and grasp
lightly/fine manipulation and lift/carry /push/pull objects that
weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Occasionally stand/walk, write by hand.
- Rarely use a telephone, kneel, crawl, climb ladders,
twist/bend/stoop/squat, reach/work above shoulder, grasp
forcefully.* Consistent with its obligations under the law, the
University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee
with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the
essential functions of his or her job.Working ConditionsTravel
locally and cross-university.Work Standards
- When conducting university business, must comply with the
California Vehicle Code and Stanford University driving
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well
with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal
responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns;
uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable
University policies and procedures, including but not limited to
the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's
Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.We are not
able to provide relocation for this position. Stanford University
is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer.The expected
pay range for this position is $85,000 to $90,000 per
annum.Stanford University provides pay ranges representing its good
faith estimate of what the university reasonably expects to pay for
a position. The pay offered to a selected candidate will be
determined based on factors such as (but not limited to) the scope
and responsibilities of the position, the qualifications of the
selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal
equity, geographic location and external market pay for comparable
job.The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by
positions in this job classification and are not designed to
contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all
duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and
responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs
without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level
of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as
assigned.Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and
affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
-We're always looking for people who can bring new perspectives and
life experiences to our team. Found the perfect role and ready to
apply? Learn more on what to expect next.
Keywords: Stanford University, Redwood City , IT Project Portfolio Management (PPM) Administrator, Accounting, Auditing , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!