Location: Redwood City
Posted on: January 15, 2023
At Caffeine, we want to change how people consume live
television - making it more friendly, connected, and fun. To do
this, we're building a new social broadcasting platform that
features world-class content, easy-to-use broadcasting tools, a
social and fun viewing experience, and an engaged broadcaster
This is an exciting and enormous challenge, and we will only be
successful if we build a supportive and collaborative team. Our
teams prioritize delighting our community of viewers and
broadcasters, working with intention, taking ownership of our
commitments, and acting with resilience and determination-all with
the intention to ship greatness, always.
Caffeine is looking for an experienced Corporate Controller to join
our Finance team. This role reports to our VP of Finance and will
play a critical role in ensuring our company's and joint venture's
financial health. We are looking for a hardworking,
results-oriented leader who actively partners with departments
across the company to support planning and strategy. The Corporate
Controller will manage and mentor the external accounting team.
What You'll Do:
- Lead all accounting operations, including Accounts Payable,
Accounts Receivable, General Ledger, cash management, bank
reconciliations, balance sheet analysis, revenue recognition, and
- Drive the monthly, quarterly, and year-end close processes
based on US GAAP.
- Prepare a monthly financial statements and reporting package
for the Board of Directors.
- Implement controls and establish governance to protect assets
and manage funds.
- Manage analysis of insurance policies and renewals.
- Responsible for tax filings, including business license
renewal, property tax returns, and sales and use tax returns.
- Prepare Joint Venture reporting to Fox Corporation.
- Manage intercompany accounts and facilities allocation.
- Guide key accounting systems assessment and
- Coordinate with an external firm to provide support for
financial audit, tax compliance, and ad-hoc requests.
- Maintain cap table and all aspects of stock
- Play a key role in the financial planning process, working with
the VP of Finance to analyze operating results against a plan and
provide insights for improvement.
- Evaluate and redesign processes as needed to scale with the
Who You Are & What You've Done:
- 6+ years of relevant experience working in an accounting and/or
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or a related field of study;
- Experience with US GAAP and a detailed understanding of
accounting methods, reporting, bookkeeping, reconciliations, and
- Experience with joint ventures and equity method
- Experience managing an Accounting team.
- Experience with ERP and accounting system
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the
ability to articulate issues and solutions to all levels of
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; extremely
organized, detail-oriented, and mindful of deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure with extensive hours in a
fast-paced and challenging/dynamic working environment.
- Time spent at a high-growth startup required; experience in
consumer apps preferred, strong analytical skills required.
- Public accounting experience preferred
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Caffeine. We believe
that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas
allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our
diverse, global community. We welcome people of different
backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an
equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Caffeine, Redwood City , Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!