Location: Redwood City
Posted on: May 20, 2023
Here at gpac we are working with a wonderful nonprofit
organization that is looking for an Accounting Manager. This is a
hybrid position in Redwood City. The Accounting Manager will be
responsible for the day-to-day accounting functional areas and
practices which include month-end close, payroll processing; grant
invoicing; financial report preparations; support in audits;
preparation of allocation worksheets, budgeting, accounts payable
and receivable in accordance with generally accepted accounting
principles. This position has primary responsibility for
safe-guarding agency's assets through the maintenance of proper
controls and participates as a member of the Leadership Team.
Reports to the Executive Director. Job ResponsibilitiesFinancial
- Prepare monthly financial statements including balance sheet
and profit and loss statements using a computer-based accounting
- Maintain quarterly financial dashboard.
- Assist in preparation of annual budget and related monthly
spending analysis reports.
- Ensure all general ledger accounts are reconciled monthly.
- Develop and maintain fiscal records, accounting policies and
procedures. Grant Reporting
- Generate master grant allocation worksheet in accordance with
federal and state funding sources.
- Generate monthly billing summaries for government and corporate
grants and contracts.
- Complete timely monthly-end close including labor and non-labor
allocations, reconciliation of cash investment and credit card
- Prepare billing invoices in accordance with grant budgets.
Payroll and HR
- Review all payroll deductions for group insurance, garnishments
and other non-tax payroll deductions bi-monthly.
- Process payroll
- Execute transactions of retirement account deposits. Other
- Monitor compliance with government funders and audit
- Support annual audit; prepare supporting schedules and related
- Prepare budgets for grant proposals.
- Prepare supporting documents for annual tax returns (Form 990,
CA Form RRF-1, Form 1099 - NEC and 1096).
- Supervise part-time bookkeeper. QualificationsThe ideal
candidate will possess the following: Minimum of accounting degree
or equivalent experience in accounting Minimum 3 year's experience
as lead accountant/manager. Experience in nonprofit/government
grant invoicing and financial reporting. Knowledge and
implementation of GAAP. Strong organizational skills and attention
to detail Accountability and strong follow through Ability to work
independently, set priorities, identify, and address problems, and
meet deadlines. Strong customer service mindset and interpersonal
skills Excellent communication skills including ability to present
facts and recommendations effectively in oral and written form.
Strong analytical skills. Strong skills in Excel and QuickBooks.
Familiarity with standard office equipment and Salesforce databases
a plus. Alignment with the agency's mission and philosophy.
Compensation$80-90K/year DOE. 32-40 hours per week. Includes paid
medical, dental, and vision benefits, 401(k) with annual employer
match and 14 paid holidays.All qualified applicants will receive
consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including
pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status,
genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable
laws or regulations. GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an
award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality
professionals within multiple industries across the United States
since 1990. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and
realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right
solutions at the right time.
Keywords: GPAC, Redwood City , Accounting Manager, Accounting, Auditing , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...