Company: Stanford University
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: May 22, 2023
Dean of Research / Office of Technology Licensing: The Office of
Technology Licensing (OTL) was established in 1970 to manage the
intellectual property assets of Stanford University. OTL evaluates,
markets, and licenses technology owned by the University. OTL's
mission is to encourage effective technology transfer for the
public benefit as well as generating royalty income for Stanford to
benefit research and education. OTL is one of the country's most
active offices in the field of technology transfer from the
university to industry. Our staff, most of whom are professionals
engaged directly in licensing, manages over 3,000 active dockets.
Our VPDoR Diversity Journey :
- We create a hub of innovation through the power of diversity of
disciplines and people.
- We provide equitable access and opportunity to all members of
the community in order to do their best work, regardless of race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
- We listen to and value all colleagues who bring diverse
perspectives to the advancement and development of a respectful
- We promote a culture of belonging, equity, and safety.
- We emb ed these values in excellence of education, research,
and operation. POSITION SUMMARY: OTL is looking for a Compliance
Associate that will provide administrative and operational support
under general supervision. This position will enter data from a
source document into a computer system, verify entries for accuracy
and completeness, and assist with gathering and reporting data. -
- Accurately enter data from data sheets or charts into a
database and/or manual filing system using specific, standard
- Review all incoming invention disclosures and determine federal
sponsor requirements; follow up with inventors regarding sponsor
information. Enter data and verify completeness and accuracy of
inventor's contacts, signed SU18 and other forms; verify visiting
scholar status. Report obligations associated with these data to
the relevant parties.
- Determine appropriate action to be taken for duplicate,
inaccurate, or unclear information.
- Maintain a variety of complex records such as grant information
(by coordinating with Inventors and by using SeRa database), review
foundation agreements to determine Stanford's IP obligations,
further disclose of relevant information to sponsors. Be subject
matter expert for sponsor requirements, including for corporate and
foundation sponsors.Provide support for federal reporting
matters.Ensure that sponsorship requirements for government
sponsored research are met according to Bayh-Dole regulations.
Suggest or make improvements to record-keeping procedures.
- Selectively apply a variety of procedures in measuring and
reporting data, using judgment to determine how standard guidelines
apply; iEdison reporting of invention disclosures and provisional
patent applications and managing compliance for title election and
extensions of time.
- Maintain computerized and manual logs and files in accordance
with established procedures. Obtaining relevant manuscripts and
publications for the records.
- Perform audits of own work or that of others to ensure
conformance with established procedures.
- Provide administrative support.
- A remo te worker arrangement may be considered for candidates
with the appropriate background and experience, depending on
business needs of each unit. Remote workers' schedules are based in
the Pacific Time zone. * Other duties may also be assigned MINIMUM
REQUIREMENTS: Education & Experience: High school diploma, G.E.D.,
or equivalent and two years of relevant experience or a combination
of education and relevant experience. Knowledge, Skills and
- Strong clerical, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to exercise judgment and employ basic reasoning
- Strong attention to detail. Certifications and Licenses: none
- Sitting in place at computer for long periods of time with
- Occasionally use a telephone.
- Rarely writing by hand. Consistent with its obligations under
the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to
any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to
perform the essential functions of the job. WORK STANDARDS:
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well
with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal
responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns;
uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable
University policies and procedures, including but not limited to
the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's
Administrative Guide, - http://adminguide.stanford.edu . This role
is open to candidates anywhere in the United States. Stanford
University has five Regional Pay Structures . The compensation for
this position will be based on the location of the successful
candidate. The expected pay range for this position is $49,000 to
$82,000 per annum. Stanford University provides pay ranges
representing its good faith estimate of what the university
reasonably expects to pay for a position. The pay offered to a
selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as (but
not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the
qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget
availability, internal equity, geographic location, and external
market pay for comparable jobs. Why Stanford is for You Imagine a
world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives
saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure
illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live
and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and
dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future
of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition
reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening,
or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous
time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds
of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise
facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails,
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing
incentives, discounts and more! The job duties listed are typical
examples of work performed by positions in this job classification
and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a
comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities.
Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on
department or program needs without changing the general nature and
scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also
perform other duties as assigned.Stanford is an equal employment
opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.We're always looking for people who
can bring new perspectives and life experiences to our team. Found
the perfect role and ready to apply? Learn more on what to expect
Keywords: Stanford University, Redwood City , Compliance Associate, Accounting, Auditing , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...