Senior Network Engineer
Company: Evoque Data Center Solutions
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: February 19, 2021
Please note that this position is posted in multiple locations
but there is only one opening.*You must be based in one of these
metro areas to be considered for this position:
Redwood City, CA
San Diego, CA
San Jose, CA
The Senior Network Engineer will develop and maintain functional
and secure Evoque's service provider networks. This candidate will
mentor a team of engineers to troubleshoot and optimize our
networks for our clients.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent knowledge of L2 & L3 protocols. (STP, BGP, MPLS,
L2VPN, L3VPN, VRRP)
- Excellent knowledge of Internet Service Provider
- Excellent knowledge of application protocols. (DNS, HTTP,
- Basic understanding of network automation tools
- Excellent network troubleshooting and problem-solving
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient in Unix/Linux server operation system.
- Basic understanding of at least one scripting or programing
- Configures and installs software, servers, routers, and other
- Monitors network performance and integrity
- Resolves issues tiers of support escalated by troubleshooting
cloud and local infrastructure.
- Mentor team members on technical issues
- Assists in the planning and deployment of new network
- Research hardware and software solutions and create plans,
including layouts and product specifications, for all data
communication networks resulting from meetings.
- Plans out network installation and/or upgrade project, assign
milestone tasks to support personnel and meet company deadlines for
full implementation, including network and user station set-ups and
permissions, installation of all software and end-user
- Research and analyze new network technologies and present
suggestions for upgrades to improve existing communications
Click or tap here to enter text.
- Occasional lifting of 50 lbs. or less.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is
required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and
reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full-time position.
- May participate in Tier 4 on call activities and to provide
24/7 network support
- Occasional travel to remote facilities may be required.
Required Education And Experience
- Degree in computer science or equivalent in relevant work
- Experience in Internet Service Provider and colocation
- 10+ years of industry experience in Network Engineering is a
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Certifications such as CCNA, CCNP, CCIE or JNCIA, JNCIS, JNCIE a
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
Click or tap here to enter text.
Evoque provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
In addition to federal law requirements, Evoque complies with
applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in
employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
Evoque expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based
on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information,
disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the
ability of Evoque employees to perform their job duties may result
in discipline up to and including discharge.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
Keywords: Evoque Data Center Solutions, Redwood City , Senior Network Engineer, Engineering , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!