Senior Application Engineer
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: November 12, 2021
Oracle, the world leader in Enterprise Cloud, is hiring the best
and brightest technologists in the industry as we continue to add
customer-centric, world-class, leading edge, secure, hyper-scale
based solutions throughout all levels of the cloud stack. Oracle's
cloud eco-system is the only complete business cloud platform on
the planet, with market leading and business transforming solutions
spanning SaaS, DaaS, PaaS and IaaS. Oracle's Supply Chain
Management Cloud applications are used by thousands of customers
across the globe and are the broadest, most innovative in the
industry, providing businesses with adaptive intelligence,
standardized business processes and competitive advantage at low
cost. As part of market leading Supply Chain Management ERP Cloud,
Oracle Manufacturing Development offers a broad suite of modules
and capabilities designed to empower modern manufacturing and
deliver customer success with streamlined processes, increased
productivity, and improved business decisions. The Manufacturing
Development is looking for passionate, innovative, high caliber,
team oriented super stars that seek being a major part of a
transformative revolution in the development of modern business
cloud based applications. We are seeking highly capable, best in
the world developers, architects and technical leaders at the very
top of the industry in terms of skills, capabilities and proven
delivery; who seek out and implement imaginative and strategic, yet
practical, solutions; people who calmly take measured and necessary
risks while putting customers first.Key Tasks and
- Work with geographically dispersed team of world-class
engineers in a startup by taking complete ownership and
accountability to see the project through for completion.
- Collaborate with product managers/QA owners and other
stakeholders in understanding the requirements and work on
delivering user stories/backlog items with highest levels of
quality and consistency across the product.
- Be agile, self-driven and comfortable driving forward even when
some aspects of a project are not fully known.
- Showcase ability to drive transformational changes in a highly
technical and dynamic environment.
- Exhibit expert knowledge in performance, building large-scale
enterprise applications, system architecture, and engineering best
- Develop ultra-scalable, highly reliable diagnostic
instrumentation and supportability features that include
fault-tolerance, telemetry, and automatic recovery in error
- Have a passion to discover the true technical/operational
requirements associated to the new feature requests that
demonstrates exceptional customer relationship skills; provide
alternate technical and functional approaches to meet the strong
customer commitment timelines with the best possible solution.
- Be a leader and provide design suggestions to the most complex
problems faced by the team by sharing your deep software
engineering knowledge and experience.
- Should be able to balance technical leadership and strong
business judgment to make the right decisions be it on the
technology or in designing the application.
- Assist in the continual hiring and development of technical
talent to help the organization grow.Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of 3-4 years of software development, with demonstrated
knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for
the full software development life cycle (CICD), including coding
standards, code reviews, source control, build and release
processes and continuous deployment.
- Experience designing and implementing solutions for Cloud
platforms (such as Oracle Cloud, AWS, etc) and application
scalability, performance and reliability.
- Proficiency in Java, J2EE and Java Scripts is a MUST.
- Working knowledge on Oracle Fusion Cloud applications or Oracle
EBS Applications would be a key advantage.
- Knowledge of testing methodologies, the testing pyramid (i.e.,
Unit, Integration, UI, E2E, etc.) and testing frameworks.
- Excellent written and verbal communications with technical and
non-technical peers, customers, and at times, executive
- Proven success in contributing in a collaborative,
team-oriented environment, with the ability to establish and
nurture relationships between multiple teams and navigate
- Experience in Docker and Kubernetes will be an added
Keywords: Oracle, Redwood City , Senior Application Engineer, Engineering , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!