Senior Mechanical Engineer
Company: Carbon, Inc.
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: January 7, 2022
Working at the intersection of hardware, software, and molecular
science, we are committed to delivering on the promise of 3D
printing, enabling commercial customers to go beyond basic
prototyping to 3D manufacturing. Our company is built on the idea
that when diverse fields of study come together, we are able to
solve challenging problems. You will be joining a diverse team with
a dynamic culture, where team success is as important as
celebrating individual contributions. We pride ourselves in
developing an environment where we all can teach, learn, and grow
together. Carbon is seeking a multi-faceted and motivated Senior
Level Mechanical Engineer to join our rapidly growing team to help
us design/build new groundbreaking additive manufacturing
solutions. As a member of a tight-knit hardware team, you'd
contribute ideas and develop practical solutions to an evolving
list of challenges. Your work will help ensure that we deliver
great products and delight our customers while changing the world
of additive manufacturing. Note: This role is based in our Redwood
City, CA office and cannot be remote. Carbon adheres to strict
safety protocols and follows CDC guidelines. Responsibilities:
- Full design responsibility of multiple subsystems during new
- Perform engineering analysis of parts and assemblies that can
include: detailed tolerance, safety, thermal, stress, fatigue,
lifetime, manufacturability, failure modes, and cost.
- Collaborate directly with cross functional teams to create
engineering requirements, implement designs, and troubleshoot
- Create and maintain engineering specifications and
documentation to enable effective knowledge transfer throughout the
- Collaborate with suppliers and manufacturing throughout
development to ensure quality and performance Skills and
- B.S. Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related technical
- 5+ years experience taking mechanical designs successfully from
concept to production.
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to present and
defend design decisions to leadership.
- A strong mechanical engineering background with fluency in CAD
and a solid understanding of dimensioning / tolerancing
- Ability to teach and inspire other engineers.
- Please include your portfolio along with your resume. Nice to
- Experience identifying, qualifying, and managing turnkey
- Experience in a production environment / comfort working with
technicians on the manufacturing floor as well as in the lab.
- You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for
this position. Here at Carbon, we know that diverse perspectives
foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are
committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of
backgrounds, experiences, and skills. #LI-MD1 Carbon is an equal
opportunity employer. We provide complete benefits and competitive
compensation including equity ownership. You do not need to match
every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at
Carbon, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we
need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that
encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills By
clicking the "APPLY FOR THIS JOB" button and submitting your job
application, you agree you have reviewed the complete Privacy
Notice for Employees, Independent Contractors and Job Applicants ,
which explains the categories of personal information we collect
about you, the purposes for which the categories of personal
information shall be used and your rights with respect to our use
of such personal Information.
Keywords: Carbon, Inc., Redwood City , Senior Mechanical Engineer, Engineering , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!