Senior DevOps Engineer
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: June 19, 2022
DevOps and Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) - Oracle SAAS
Infrastructure Services TeamOracle is a leader in enterprise cloud
applications powering many of the world's largest organizations,
and we're in the process of revolutionizing our application user
experiences with our new Redwood user interface components and
enterprise-scale backend services. We are on a quest to provide the
most productive platform with extremely fast, secure, and
extensible REST services to back these user experiences. Our goal
is to create a universal services and transaction services that is
metadata-oriented and is simple to uptake, test, debug, and
monitor. These services must be highly scalable and dynamic to meet
the varying work loads for our customers.We have many large scale
customers who are ready to work with you on this fabulous journey.
We're looking for talented DevOps/SRE engineers to build, deploy
and monitor the service on Oracle Cloud. If you have experience as
a DevOps engineer supporting CI/CD, rollout, patching, monitoring
enterprise scalable micro services using cloud native
infrastructure please contact us right away.What You'll Do
- Bringing in the right "DevOps" mindset among the teams
developing software, conducting training on tools and processes
that makes software development and testing easier.
- Participate in the entire software Lifecycle - development,
testing, CI and production operations
- Automate release and deployment process from development to
production rollout following CI/CD process using standard DevOps
- Define, enforce and maintain metrics and quality gates for
build promotion processes
- Take ownership of maintaining and managing the environments.
Maintain separation between Dev, UAT, stage and production
- Monitor and maintain the production service and
- Participate in on-call/Pagerduty for the service
- Work with customers and ISVs and service developers to
troubleshoot issues in production systems.
- Mentor new employees and software developers to increase
quality of projectsRequired Knowledge and Skills
- B.S., M.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering with 2-3
years of professional experience in Cloud Infrastructure and Cloud
- Professional work experience working on complex
applications/services with DevOps Experience.
- Strong knowledge of Linux/UNIX Shell scripting, package
- Hands on experience working with standard DevOps tools
Kubernetes, Docker, Istio, Grafana, Helm Charts, Terrafarm
- Experience with Build Automation and Monitoring tools like
Maven, ANT, Gradle, Jenkinsbug tracking tools like JIRA
- Build Tools like Maven, ANT, Gradle,.
- Source control tools like Git, GitHub, SVN or equivalent
- Network configuration and management
- Knowledge of middleware components like Weblogic or Tomcat
- Knowledge of Python or Perl is desirable.
- Knowledge of Monitoring technologies (Enterprise Manager,
Thousand Eyes, Prometheus) will be an advantage.
- Teamwork is key here. We are looking for developers who believe
in the value of cross team collaboration.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Self motivated to continuously learn and improve.
Keywords: Oracle, Redwood City , Senior DevOps Engineer, Engineering , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!