Sr. Automation Service Engineer
Company: Guardant Health
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: July 31, 2022
Company DescriptionGuardant Health is a leading precision
oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through
use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets and advanced
analytics. The Guardant Health Oncology Platform leverages
capabilities to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical
outcomes and lower healthcare costs across all stages of the cancer
care continuum. Guardant Health has launched liquid biopsy-based
Guardant360 -, Guardant360 CDx and GuardantOMNI - tests for
advanced stage cancer patients. These tests fuel development of its
LUNAR program, which aims to address the needs of early stage
cancer patients with neoadjuvant and adjuvant treatment selection,
cancer survivors with surveillance, asymptomatic individuals
eligible for cancer screening and individuals at a higher risk for
developing cancer with early detection.Job Description
- Perform equipment installations, maintenance, repairs, and
qualifications to ensure the highest level of instrument
reliability and up-time.
- Monitor instrument metrics and advocate serviceability within
- Responsible for instrument up-time and ensuring that service
documentation meets Guardant Heath's quality management system
- Evaluate equipment performance trends to propose long-term
solutions as needed.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and disseminate
information by developing SOPs, checklists, and service
- Contribute to the management of a maintenance and calibration
- Help end-users troubleshoot issues
- Provide service and support during normal business hours, as
well as after hours and on weekends as needed.
- Effectively communicate with third party service
- A BS degree in an engineering or scientific discipline, with a
minimum of 5+ years of related industry experience.
- Minimum of 5 years service engineering or instrumentation and
- Proficient in providing service support for Hamilton Robotic
- Experience providing service support for Qiagen QiaSymphony,
Agilent TapeStation, Illumina Sequencers, and various other
- Experience authoring and executing PM, IQ, OQ, repair, and
other service related documentation.
- Familiarity with developing and executing training programs and
providing knowledge-transfer to other engineers and lab
- Experience working within a CLIA and GMP regulated
- Experience standardizing processes for scalability and
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with
internal and external colleagues and customers from diverse
scientific, engineering, operational, and regulatory
- Experience utilizing Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma
- Liquid Handler programming exexperience is a plus.
- Field service engineering experience is desireable.
- Ability to take part in an on-call rotation with afterhours and
weekend response as needed.
- Willingness to travel up to 20% as needed.Additional
InformationAdditional InformationEmployee may be required to lift
routine office supplies and use office equipment. Majority of the
work is performed in a desk/office environment; however, there may
be exposure to high noise levels, fumes, and biohazard material in
the laboratory environment. Ability to sit for extended periods of
time.Guardant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and
will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.All
your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
guidelines.Please visit our career page at:
http://www.guardanthealth.com/jobs/preventivemedicine #team #cancer
#clinicaltrial #cancertreatment #hematology #cancertherapy #NGS
#GuardantHealth #PatientFirst #LiquidBiopsy #LUNAR #Eclipse
#RealWorldEvidence #CDx #CompanionDiagnostics
Keywords: Guardant Health, Redwood City , Sr. Automation Service Engineer, Engineering , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!