Location: Redwood City
Posted on: September 17, 2023
Miles is looking for an outstanding Android Engineer. This is a
key role in helping shape the Miles brand as Miles continues to
grow and strengthen its leadership in the mobility and loyalty
industries. You will be working with a great team from diverse
backgrounds in a collaborative and supportive environment. We solve
a wide variety of interesting technical challenges, and continually
build up our platform to power the next generation of scale and
features. We partner closely with Product, Design, and UX teams to
build and ship the most impactful features.
- Participate in the technical design, architecture, and
direction of our Android applications.
- Collaborate with Product, Design/UX, and iOS Lead to provide
feedback, plan, and execute on roadmap features.
- Build and ship high quality features through weekly sprints and
- Maintain a high crash-free session rate. Diagnose and fix
production issues swiftly.
- Advance the code base for the next generation of features,
scale, and reliability with robust test cases and coverage.
- At least 4+ years experience developing rich Android mobile
- Expert level experience with the Android SDK
- Familiarity with Android APIs for location and motion
- Experience with RESTful API's and asynchronous web
- Experience with Android animations
- Deep experience working on Android platforms, building and
maintaining large-scale apps, or impressive apps that you've built
- Being a technical expert of the Android platform and competent
with industry standard libraries, frameworks, build process, and
- Proficient in the following areas: Java language and related
frameworks, multi-threading and concurrency, memory management
specific to Android devices, device caching mechanisms, sqlite
stores, performance, battery optimization, and profiling.
- Experience running multiple server controlled A/B tests and
experiments and mobile analytics.
- Experience release apps to customers, managing patches,
internal and beta distributions, and staged rollouts.
- High quality code with unit tests, integration tests, and
ability to track and mitigate crashes and maintain a high crash
- Worked on apps used by millions of people
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Engineering from a top
- Prior startup experience
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Opportunity to create impact in a high growth startup
- Employee healthcare benefits includes medical, dental, vision
- Paid time off
- Employee Referral bonus
- Monthly team-building activities and happy hours
- Stock in an early-stage fast-growing startup company
Our Commitment to Inclusivity and Diversity
Miles is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment
where people of every background can thrive and feel welcome. We
consider applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion,
national origin, genetic information, gender identity or
expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital, veteran,
physical or mental disability status.
Keywords: Miles, Redwood City , Android Engineer, Engineering , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!