VP, Global Commercial, Vaccines
Company: Emergent BioSolutions
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: March 27, 2020
The VP, Global Commercial, Vaccines position is the lead
commercial person responsible for running the day-to-day commercial
organization for Emergent s Global Travel Health (GTH) business.
The role sets the vision and creates both long-range and annual
strategic plans for the Global Travel Health business. He/she will
be accountable for managing the GTH P&L (on track to grow 10
fold over the next 5-10 years), leading a layered organization
spanning 40+ FTEs (please insert) operating in 7 countries.
* Leads GTH commercial functions including sales, marketing, and
distribution within the Vaccines Business Unit
* Owns the business unit s commercial financials (P&L) which
involves managing Emergent s seven country organizations (in North
America & EU) and a 20+ country partner network globally
* Sets the business unit s vision for the GTH business; defines the
commercial strategy and ensures strong execution and performance
* Manages a commercial portfolio of two licensed products (Vivotif
& Vaxchora) and one drug candidate (Chikungunya); accountable for
launches into new markets, new indications or new products every
year for the next five year Develop/implement
short/medium/long-term commercial strategy for travel health
* Provide commercial input to product development strategy and
business development activities
* Build, foster and maintain VaxBU commercial capabilities and high
* Reports to the SVP, Business Unit Head for Vaccines; Is a member
of the business unit s direct report team, DRT, (other members are
VPs/heads of Vaccines R&D, Product Development, and Project
Management Office) as well as the Leadership Team (includes the DRT
as well as crossfunctional representatives from Finance, Medical,
Regulatory, Manufacturing, Corporate Development, Quality, and
* Role requires 40-70% travel (40% if located in Gaithersburg, MD
or Redwood City, CA and 60-70% if located elsewhere)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of
work performed by those in this job. It is not an exhaustive list
of all duties, and other duties may be assigned.
Education, Experience & Skills
* At minimum, an undergraduate (Bachelor s) degree preferably in
the domains of science or business. MBA is a plus.
* A minimum of 15 years experience in commercial roles in the
biopharmaceutical industry. Vaccines experience, launch experience,
and/or experience building commercial capabilities are a plus.
* Must have marketing AND sales experience within the
biopharmaceutical industry having both large pharma and start-up
experience a plus.
* Strong knowledge of the US healthcare industry required and EU
* Demonstrate exceptional leadership skills and proven ability to
interact effectively with all levels of the organization
* Highly developed , interpersonal and communication skills, and
ability to influence/lead without authority
* Key competencies include: strategic mindset, driving vision &
purpose, and proven track record of building high performing,
results driven teams
PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT CHARACTERISTICS
There are physical/mental demands and work environment
characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully
perform the essential functions of the job. This information is
available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, Protected
Veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state or local law.
Keywords: Emergent BioSolutions, Redwood City , VP, Global Commercial, Vaccines, Executive , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!