Executive Medical Director
Company: Adverum Biotechnologies
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: March 28, 2020
We're looking for a candidate to fill this position in an
- Lead project Team strategy, scope, complexity, size, budget,
and deliverables, overseeing the development strategy, clinical
development plan. Provide continual critical evaluation of the
development strategy to maintain a plan that is competitive and
consistent with current regulatory requirements, proactive
identification of challenges, and development of appropriate
- Engage with scientific advisory board, key academic, community,
and industry partners, and other thought leaders to innovate and
refine clinical development strategies.
- Interactions with regulatory authorities/agencies.
- Lead the design, execution and interpretation of clinical
studies in support of product development, ensuring rigorous and
compliant study conduct with current health authority
- Assess clinical data and make clinical program recommendations
regarding strategic direction, modification of study plans, go/no
go decision and changes in timelines.
- Provide leadership and serve as an advisor to other clinical
science, clinical operations, regulatory and scientific colleagues
and to cross functional team members.
- Accountable to senior leadership for the timely and successful
completion of program objectives
- Other responsibilities may be assigned as needed
- MD or equivalent, board certified or equivalent in
- Clinical practice experience required and strong scientific
competence in ophthalmology or related therapeutic area
demonstrated by peer-reviewed publications or production of
clinical expert reports
- Minimum of 5 years experience in clinical research; with at
least 3 years in the pharmaceutical industry
- Must have past work experience of confirmatory drug development
and evidence of having played a significant part in the preparation
of international regulatory submissions or work with health
- Work with health authorities in outcome measures,
presentations, negotiations and submissions are highly
- Strong experience in clinical research including writing
clinical study reports and interpreting clinical data
- Proven track record of delivery of experimental or novel
- Phase I-III Clinical trial experience in the pharmaceutical
industry, academia, or equivalent.
- Proven ability to successfully guide and lead a
- Ability to interact externally and internally to support a
global scientific and business strategy.
- Extensive knowledge of clinical trial strategy, design,
execution, regulatory ad compliance (GCP, ICH, etc.) requirements
governing clinical trials.
- Ability to exercise good scientific and clinical judgement to
proactively identify and address complex problems
- Excellent communications and collaborations skills
- Effective and convincing presentation skills, demonstrated in
internal and external group presentations
Keywords: Adverum Biotechnologies, Redwood City , Executive Medical Director, Executive , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!