Electromechanical Engineering Manager
Company: Johnson & Johnson
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Robotics & Digital Solutions, part of the Johnson & Johnson family
of companies is recruiting for a Electromechanical Engineering
Manager located in Santa Clara, CA.
Robotics & Digital Solutions is part of Ethicon, Inc., a global
leader in surgery with products and solutions found in almost every
operating room around the world. Ethicon has made significant
contributions to surgery for more than 100 years from creating the
first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive
procedures. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of
Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world's most
pressing health care issues and improve and save more lives.
Through Ethicon's surgical technologies and solutions including
robotics, digital solutions, sutures, staplers, energy devices,
trocars and hemostats and our commitment to treat serious medical
conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation
to make a life-changing impact. For more information, visit .
We're looking for a highly motivated person who is passionate about
electromechanical design and who can lead a team to apply this
knowledge to the field of medical robotics. You'll be a leader
within a fast-paced environment and be in charge of an engineering
team which is passionate about delivering quantitative results and
a creating a system that exceeds expectations of the customer. As a
manager, you will lead projects, mentor engineers, communicate
within and across teams, and share your sophisticated
electromechanical engineering knowledge to drive projects to
completion. In addition to team collaboration and organization,
you'll also actively work on results-oriented individual projects
within medical robotics.
Core Job Responsibilities
- As the manager of the Electromechanical Engineering R&D
team, we will be relying on you to lead and shape a team which will
contribute to the development of a surgical robotic platform with
an emphasis on wire harnessing, routing, and connectors.
- Understand system and subsystem-level power consumption
requirements and component capabilities in order to gauge wire size
and select connectors.
- Route and secure wiring harnesses in difficult and
- Work closely with vendors and internal manufacturing teams to
facilitate knowledge transfer and assembly.
- Maintain bill of materials for all harness assemblies.
- Provide hands-on, troubleshooting, and manufacturing assistance
in support of a rapid development cycle.
- Communicate to a multi-functional team and be able to convey
technical as well as non-technical details to a broad
- Must be capable of working independently and in a team, while
being flexible, self-motivated, curious, and willing to redefine
the world of medical robotics.
- BS Mechanical Engineering or similar required, MS Mechanical
- Minimum of 8 years of working experience designing and building
electromechanical systems is required.
- Ability to lead and grow teams and mentor individual staff is
- Demonstrated excellence in various aspects of electromechanical
design, with an emphasis on wiring harnesses and connectorization
- Comfortable with all phases of product development lifecycle
including design, implementation, debug, verification & validation,
qualification, and transfer to manufacturing is required.
- Proficiency using CAD to design wire harnesses and to document
both pinouts and physical routing configurations is required.
- Experience in medical devices is highly preferred
- Ability to travel up to 10%, international and domestic, is
- Practical or professional experience in robotics is
- Experience in medical capital equipment is preferred.
- Experience working in an ISO and FDA regulated environment is
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
Employer. Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal
opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic
information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability
status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Johnson & Johnson, Redwood City , Electromechanical Engineering Manager, Executive , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!