Bio-Manufacturing QA Manager
Company: Impossible Foods
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: January 6, 2022
Impossible Foods was founded to transform the global food system
and reduce the impact of climate change by making the world's most
delicious, nutritious, and sustainable meat, fish, and dairy - from
Through the revolutionary work of our world-class R&D team,
we're inventing efficient, sustainable ways to transform
ingredients from plants into meat, fish, and dairy foods that
deliver all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers
demand, without the negative environmental or public health
Our flagship product, Impossible--- Burger, uses 96% less land, 87%
less water and generates 89% less greenhouse gas emissions than
conventional beef from cows. And the burger is just the beginning.
We're working on recreating every animal product, from chicken to
fish, with plant-based ingredients that are vastly better for
people and the planet.
Impossible Foods has experienced spectacular growth over the last
few years, and we continue to lead all aspects of the plant-based
revolution - from discovery and innovation to commercial production
and consumer education. We're building an amazing team of
brilliant, collaborative, mission-driven individuals who take pride
in using their diverse skills to contribute to a better world. Our
core values include leading with heart, thinking like scientists,
and doing the right thing, and our employees embody these
attributes in their work every day.
Want to join the movement? You can help us solve the most urgent,
important challenge facing the world today (and have fun doing it).
Check out our job opening below:
The Bio-Manufacturing Quality Assurance Manager is primarily
responsible for ensuring product quality using industry best
practices in the areas of Plant design, Production operations, and
Process Control throughout the production cycle. This individual
will work with engineering teams, R&D, Ops team and quality
teams within the company. This position requires knowledge of the
regulatory environment (FDA, GMP and related OSI regulations ).
Candidates should also have knowledge and experience to support
Design for Reliability and Manufacturability (DRM), Design for Six
Sigma, Design for Lean Six Sigma.
- Design Controls
- Participate in solicitation, definition, and review of customer
specifications, product requirements, design specifications,
verification, and validation testing and risk assessment
- Tagging and tracing of requirements to design specifications
- Review of the following components of the Quality System: PQP,
Production and Process Controls
- Contribute to the development and review of process validations
(IQ, OQ, PQ)
- Apply statistical techniques to receiving inspection,
manufacturing, and validation processes
- Develop quality inspection criteria for incoming raw material
and in-process control
- Ensure procedure adherence for controlled environment rooms
- Interface with Production Operations to assure that quality
considerations and requirements are adequately covered in the
manufacturing procedures, equipment selection, design, validation,
- Conduct internal audits and supplier audits to assure
compliance and effectiveness of the Quality System.
- Participate in root-cause analysis and corrective and
- Support Quality Objectives, including analysis and regular
trending of key quality system elements
- Generate or update standard operating procedures to define and
improve quality assurance system functions
- Train cross-functional groups on the usage of an electronic
document management system
- Develop, track and update periodic QA / Document Control
metrics and dashboards
- Participate in the implementation and monitoring of the
- Participate in and support quality audits (internal and
external), troubleshooting efforts, and other Quality System
- Communicate with Suppliers to obtain pertinent information
required per project
- Perform supplier assessments in accordance with the company's
and CMO's SOPs
- Control and organization of paper records, both active on-site
and off-site archives
- Support company goals and objectives, policies and procedures,
Good Manufacturing Practices, and FDA regulations
- Bachelor's Degree in a science related field (Microbiology,
Biology, Chemical Engineering etc. ) or other technical
- At least 8 years of quality engineer experience in the
food/pharma/bio manufacturing field.
- ASQ Quality Engineer Certification is a plus
- Proven ability to establish, optimize and maintain world-class
quality system and team.
- Ideally LSSGB or LSSBB certified or experience using structured
and data driven problem-solving techniques (DMAIC, LEAN, TPM, Zero
Loss work culture, etc.).
- Excellent communication, leadership and interpersonal
- The ability to influence others and be a team player.
- The ability to develop/implement core work practices and
standards that ensure excellence in quality.
- The ability to rapidly assess, analyze, and quickly resolve
complicated quality problems with little initial information or
direction and with varying degrees of ambiguity.
- The ability to multitask and manage priorities while allocating
time to long-term, quality continuous improvement projects.
- Strong "self-management" skills and be comfortable working with
- Established project management skills. Must bring leadership,
interpersonal and communication skills required to interact with
various levels of plant and corporate personnel and influence
- Willingness to work flexible schedules as needed to support
7-day per week, 24-hour per day production operations. Work
schedules could include occasional off-shift or weekend work.
Impossible Foods Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender
(including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions),
sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status
as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability,
or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act
(CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants.
Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the
application procedure for applicable locations is available here:
By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and
processing of your data as required.
If the ability to work remotely is indicated, this role can be
performed from any US state except for Alaska, Colorado, New
Mexico, Oklahoma, and Wisconsin.
Keywords: Impossible Foods, Redwood City , Bio-Manufacturing QA Manager, Executive , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!