Brand Relations Manager - Walt Disney Games
Company: Parks, Experiences and Products
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: May 9, 2022
As a Brand Relations Manager, you will be responsible for
partnering with Walt Disney studios and Walt Disney games
disciplines (production, creative, and marketing) in receiving,
routing, and the delivering of brand content and approvals to
ensure games are aligned with brand and corporate guidelines. This
position requires day to day interactions with the games team,
creatives, marketing, and Walt Disney studios. This role supports
studios for Disney/Pixar Games including: Walt Disney Animation,
Disney Live Action, Pixar, Parks, and Disney Media & Entertainment
This brand work entails providing clearly communicated brand
feedback/approvals/notes to and from studios and games teams,
meetings, reviews, and content share outs. A key responsibility in
this role is to continue to support the relationships of the studio
stakeholders as we push the limits of innovation for new product
that evolves with the market and audience.
You will primarily lead small to medium scale/complex products and
support live service/live operated titles. You will also lead
assigned projects and support the Brand Relations leads across
their assigned products.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who can draw upon a
background with solid knowledge of the Disney brands and knowledge
of gaming and a passion for both. They must be able to carefully
articulate feedback and clearly communicate information to all
stakeholders, addressing opportunities and challenges.
This role is located at the Pixar campus in Emeryville, Ca and may
require onsite Disney studio visits at: Walt Disney Animation,
Disney Main Lot, WDI/Parks, and occasional visits with Disney TV
(DMED). This position does not support Marvel or Lucas.
This position will report to Director, Studio Relations
- Supports Brand Relations work and manages brand reviews for
assigned Disney Games titles, both global and regional, including
console, mobile, online, and other platforms from creative concept,
development, release & live service.
- Works closely with the studios to learn and master the
understanding of the Disney brands as a Brand Relations
- Ensures that the Walt Disney Games teams have the necessary
support from studios such as access to reference materials, story
overviews, and digital assets in order to deliver high quality
- Provides brand guidance to producers and creative staff
balancing the needs of the game and the authenticity of the TWDC
Franchise's characters and worlds.
- Collaborates with Game product development on creative concepts
through a brand and studio lens.
- Primary advocate for both filmmakers and game productions to
negotiate a balance of game features without compromising brand
- Collaborates with marketing staff to ensure effective synergy,
distribution, and promotions.
- Prepares and develops internal and external presentations for
new and classic brand content.
Basic Qualifications :
- 3 - 5+ years of experience specifically in brand management,
video games, or in film studios.
- Understanding of mobile, console, and/or PC games with live
- A solid understanding of all phases of film or game
development: concept, pre-production, production and
- Ability to make confident, intelligent, and critical decisions
to ensure reviewers understand importance of specific game
requirements while maintaining brand integrity.
- Experience working with filmmakers, games developers, franchise
management, and Disney partners.
- Supports a workplace environment that encourages collaboration
and innovative/creative thinking.
- Detail oriented and able to manage multiple projects at
different stages of development.
- Able to identify/assess risks escalate to senior staff as
- Strong sense of ownership, flexibility, and urgency.
- Proficiency in project management tools such as JIRA, AirTable
and able to navigate database asset and routing software.
- Emphasis on building productive relationships with creatives,
managers and peers.
- Demonstrate affinity and familiarity with TWDC Franchises
(excluding Marvel and Lucas).
- Passion for the latest games and game platforms (Mobile,
Console, PC, AR/VR).
Preferred Education :
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and
Additional Information :
This position is located in Emeryville, CA
Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you
live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits,
educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can
provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at
Keywords: Parks, Experiences and Products, Redwood City , Brand Relations Manager - Walt Disney Games, Executive , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!