Company: Summit Public Schools
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: July 31, 2022
At Summit Public Schools we believe that all students should pursue
their passions. Athletics is one of many ways students can explore
their passions. As a public charter school, our athletics program
is a compliment to our academic programming. We are looking for an
Athletic Director who is passionate about educational equity and
college for all and developing young adult leadership and teamwork
skills. This person should recognize the role that sports and
physical education play in enhancing a student's sense of belonging
to the school community.
Who We Are
What if allstudents graduated high school with the knowledge,
skills and habits they need to lead a fulfilled life? This is the
question that guides our mission at .
Summit is a leading network of public schools that prepare a
diverse student population for success in a four-year college and
to be thoughtful, contributing members of society. We operate 14
schools serving over 4,500 students in the Bay Area and Washington
state. 100% of Summit graduates are college ready and Summit
graduates complete college at double the national average.
We need exceptional, diverse, and mission-aligned teachers to join
our team to help prepare our students for a fulfilled life. Join
What You'll Do
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Athletic Director will have the following
- Develop a long term strategic plan for the athletic program
that is values driven and supports school mission of College,
Character, and Community
- Model behaviors and the values of Summit Public
- Supervision and administration of the athletic program
- Oversee and manage athletic budget of the school, including
- Recruit coaches for all sports, coordinate orientation meeting
with School Directors and manage contract execution and
- Uniform and equipment inventory and plan the end of season
- Recruit and acts as liaison between parent sports committee and
- Lead the scheduling for a full season of athletic events,
including officials and facilities.
- Monitor and maintain WIAA eligibility requirements.
- Represents the School at League and CCS Athletic Director
- Processing, tracking and reporting eligibility, including CCS
transfer requests and waivers.
- Ensure that students, coaches, and parents adhere to School,
League and CCS philosophy and rules (certification, eligibility,
- Meet regularly with School Directors to assess the athletic
program, identify needs, and develop plans.
- In partnership with School directors, communicate about
athletics philosophy, access and programs to Summit
- Emphasize the importance and priority of academic success with
- Lead and encourage all students to recognize and act upon the
importance of physical exercise to their well-being.
- In partnerships with School directors, assesses and advises on
opportunities for alternative (non-team, non-competitive) athletic
participation (outside organization/ program
- For Prop 39, School Leaders need to be involved in scheduling
- For non Prop 39, School Leaders and/or Athletic
- Purchase equipment and uniforms with approval from Executive
- Ensure school is in compliance with conference rules and
- Distribute and maintain first aid kit
- Complete first aid/CPR training
- Perform first aid/CPR
What You Need:
Key Qualities and Skills
- Commitment to uphold Summit's values, belief that all children
deserve a rigorous and equitable education that prepares them for
college and for life.
- Prior experience in physical education and/or sports is
- Clear health and background check.
- Ability to travel between schools (Redwood City & Daly
Who You Are:
- You maintain high expectations for all students and believe all
students can find success in school, college, and life.
- You thrive while collaborating and are excited to work with
your colleagues. You find positivity in share successes.
- You're deeply dedicated to social justice and feel motivated by
the challenge and impact of working in a heterogenous community and
closing the achievement gap.
- You share our vision to reimagine what schools should be and
are excited to make an impact on the public education
- You possess strong relationship skills, with the ability to
motivate, inspire, develop, and communicate with a diverse group of
- You are positive and resilient in the face of big
- You possess outstanding organizational skills and have a
passion for the details.
- You are empathetic and culturally competent. You're open to
having hard conversations.
- You thrive in innovative environments, and are comfortable with
the ambiguity that can come with a dynamic and progressive
What You Get:
Summit is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity,
equity, and inclusion are directly intertwined with education. We
are ALL better when we are able to bring our whole selves to work
and honor each other's voices across identities, cultural
backgrounds, and life experiences. We welcome and encourage
applications from individuals who are members of historically
marginalized communities. Spanish language proficiency is a
To see Summit Public Schools' full non-discrimination statement as
it relates to students and parents along with designated compliance
coordinators for each school, seeand. To see Summit Public Schools'
full non-discrimination statement as it relates to employees, see
Keywords: Summit Public Schools, Redwood City , Athletic Director, Executive , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!