Company: Grand Bay Hotel San Francisco Bay
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: November 16, 2022
Manage catering accounts to achieve guest satisfaction and to
solicit past and new business to ensure all revenue goals are
achieved or exceeded. Responsible for soliciting new catering sales
accounts, entertaining, and maintaining relationships with existing
accounts to meet and exceed revenue goals in food, beverage and
room rental segments.
- Solicit new and existing accounts to meet and exceed revenue
goals through telephone prospecting, outside sales calls, site
inspections and written communication.
- Understanding of both monthly forecasting and the annual budget
process, as well as pace and productivity.
- Understanding of yield management skills and the use of
- Experience evaluating every catering business opportunity to
maximize revenue and profitability while achieving customer
- Participate in the research the competition's products, services
and pricing and use it to develop strategic business plans.
- Maximize revenue by selling all facets of the hotel to previous,
current and potential clients, including room rental, A/V and other
revenue generation opportunities.
- Experience selling to a variety of market segments.
- Consistently book repeat business by having a track record of
long term client relationships.
- Actively participate in industry related organizations (NACE,
MPI). Actively participate in community/civic activities to
maintain awareness within community and to create booking
- Knowledge of sales techniques including closing skills as well as
- Comfortable with hotel site inspections and client
- Participate in trade shows and sales blitzes.
- Some experience utilizing creative skills to provide innovative
set-ups, menus, and functions for groups. Ability to generate
creative and innovative menus while working closely with Chef on
pricing specialty menus.
- Work closely with banquet department on operations and event
execution, ability to quickly evaluate alternatives and decide on a
plan of action.
- Provide overall direction, coordination, and ongoing evaluation
of operations of catering events sold. Detailed execution of all
banquet event orders generated by the associate.
- Experience providing A/V equipment and operating A/V as a profit
- Effective use and teaching of computers, specifically Delphi,
Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of market trends, competition and key hotel
- Ability to work with outside vendors to ensure client
satisfaction for all events/groups.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Welcome to the Grand Bay Hotel! A prime destination for business
travelers and tourists alike, our culture ensures that our focus is
on providing the best experience for our guests. Our associates
enjoy many exciting benefits such as shift meals daily and team
breakfasts twice a month. We also offer Kaiser benefits for all
hourly associates. What are you waiting for? Join our team today!
Don't meet every single requirement of this job? Studies have shown
that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs
unless they meet every single qualification. At HEI we are
dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace, so if
you're excited about this role but your experience doesn't align
perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we
encourage you to still send in your information. You may be the
perfect candidate for this or for other roles within our
organization!We value U.S. military experience and invite all
qualified military candidates to apply.
Keywords: Grand Bay Hotel San Francisco Bay, Redwood City , Catering Manager, Executive , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!