Customer Success Manager -East
Company: Zuora Inc
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: January 18, 2023
Over the past 15 years, we have seen a shift in the focus of
business models across every industry - from selling physical
products via one-time transactions to monetizing services via
ongoing customer (aka subscriber) relationships. This is the
"Subscription Economy" a phrase coined by our CEO, Tien Tzuo, he
even wrote the book on it: .
Companies have realized that the path to growth going forward is to
establish direct, digital relationships with their customers, and
monetize these relationships through an ever growing set of digital
Our vision is simple: we call it "The World Subscribed." It's the
idea that one day every company will join the Subscription Economy
-- by 2025 according to UBS.
Our mission: to power the world's best companies to win in the
We are seeking a Customer Success professional to help us continue
to build and scale a best-in-class Customer Success function to
support Zuora's growth ambitions: to be the company to whom the
world's best companies turn to for driving the technology and
business transformations necessary to win in the Subscription
You will build lasting relationships with our most important
customers-from successful launches to identification of new use
cases to ongoing strategic support-that increases satisfaction,
maximizes the Zuora experience and ultimately drives revenue
retention and growth. We win when our customers win.
As a Customer Success Manager you will manage day-to-day
operational and long term strategic business relationships with
Zuora's enterprise customers. The CSM promotes adoption of Zuora's
products and services and positions Zuora to meet the current and
future business requirements of our customers. The CSM will also
play a critical role in managing customer escalations and
proactively communicating upcoming product changes and
enhancements. Cultivating key customers as Zuora advocates in the
Zuora community and subscription economy is a requirement for this
The CSM will have excellent working relationships with other
representatives of Zuora who will be active within their
account(s). Specifically, a strong collaborative partnership with
the Sales, Support, Services and Product teams will be key to this
role. The CSM is a positive advocate for the customer within Zuora
and will be a professional representative at all times in this
The keys to success in this role are the ability to facilitate work
sessions with all levels in a customer organization, troubleshoot
to identify gaps between best practice and actual usage of Zuora,
and clearly communicate recommendations that enable the customer to
fully adopt Zuora in order to grow their business in the
Subscription Economy. Join us and make shift happen!
What you'll do & achieve:
- Retain and grow the revenue for existing Zuora customers,
owning renewal of customer base and churn target.
- Support customers coming out of implementation and launch and
assist with accelerating time to revenue for the customer and
- Define operational metrics, objectives and key results for your
customers. Achieve operational excellence by continuous measurement
and communication of these to peers and leadership.
- Standardize CSM customer engagement and measure its impact at
each stage of the customer lifecycle.
- Serve as a key "Voice of the Customer" internally at
- Work with customers to develop a success plan that outlines how
Zuora adoption will address their critical needs both immediately
and in the future.
- Partner with sales leadership to grow Zuora revenue via upsells
while providing an ideal customer experience.
- Trusted Advisor for key business owners and executives
including VP and above.
- Proactively identify where and how Zuora capabilities can
deliver incremental business value.
- Build account expansion and retention plans with Account
Executives that feature clear objectives, requirements and action
plans that delineates roles, responsibilities and target timelines
with the aim of driving value within their current contract with
- Ensure satisfactory resolution of l issues, including
coordination of cross-departmental Zuora resources (e.g., Support,
Professional Services engagements).
- Drives adoption through innovation, product demonstration and
- Defines and executes a Success Plan addressing conflict along
What you'll need to be successful:
- 3+ Years in a customer-facing or Customer Success role within
an enterprise software or software-as-a-service
- Ideally experience from one of the following industries:
finance, digital marketing, ERP, or another large-scale business
- Strong operational discipline with an analytical,
process-oriented mindset and a data-based approach to decision
making and assessment.
- A passion for Customer Engagement and service
- Proven record of creating and maintaining business partnerships
and relationships "do-er" mentality with a hands-on, passionate,
curious, empathetic approach and the grit to get things
- Strong ability to align technical concepts & features to
- Excellent oral and written communication skills along with an
ability to work cross-functionally with a broad range of internal
and external clients
- Outstanding presentation development and delivery skills, with
the ability to speak to end users and VP and above leaders
- Excel in a collaborative, team environment while able to work
independently with minimal supervision
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to manage
multiple tasks and requests
- Experience working with a cross-functional and geographically
dispersed team and customer base.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Competitive compensation, company equity, and retirement
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid holidays and "wellness" days and company wide winter
- Generous, flexible time off
- 6 months fully paid parental leave
- Learning & Development stipend
- Opportunities to volunteer and give back, including charitable
- Free resources and support for your mental wellbeing
*Specific benefits offerings may vary by country
As the Subscription Economy leader, Zuora empowers today's
innovative companies to nurture and monetize direct, digital
relationships. Our award-winning multi-product portfolio now
includes Zuora Revenue, Zuora Collect and Zuora Central Platform.
More recently, we've added subscription experience platform Zephr
to our family, further expanding our capabilities to serve as an
intelligent hub that monetizes the complete quote to cash and
revenue recognition process at scale.
Through our combination of technology and expertise, Zuora (NYSE:
ZUO) helps more than 1,000 companies around the world, including
BMC Software, Box, Caterpillar, General Motors, Penske Media
Corporation, Schneider Electric, Siemens and Zoom nurture and
monetize direct, digital customer relationships. Headquartered in
Silicon Valley, Zuora operates offices around the world in the
U.S., EMEA, APAC and LATAM.
At Zuora, we're building an inclusive, high-performance culture
that every ZEO wants to subscribe to. We want ZEOs at every level
to feel valued, included, and inspired to innovate, connect and
collaborate authentically as we pioneer the Subscription Economy.
You'll be empowered to think like an owner, take initiative and
together, with the support of your team you'll push each other to
the next level and help transform business models everywhere.
To learn more visit
Zuora is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Think, be and do you! At Zuora, different perspectives, experiences
and contributions matter. Everyone counts. Zuora is proud to be an
Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating an inclusive
environment for all.
Zuora does not discriminate on the basis of, and considers
individuals seeking employment with Zuora without regards to, race,
religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy,
childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical
conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an
individual with a disability, genetic information, political views
or activity, or other applicable legally protected
We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants
in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview
process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an
email to assistance(at)zuora.com.
Keywords: Zuora Inc, Redwood City , Customer Success Manager -East, Executive , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!