Technical Project Manager (H)
Company: Avispa Technology
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: May 21, 2023
Technical Project Manager 1136368 (H)A leading University is
seeking a Technical Project Manager. The successful candidate will
be responsible for managing large and complex technical projects
leveraging project management best practices to drive continuous
improvement and ensure consistent, high-quality outcomes. The ideal
candidate has demonstrated project management ability to employ
integration, scope time management, cost, quality, human resources,
communications, risk, and procurement components.Technical Project
ManagerPay and Benefits:
- Hourly pay: $60/hr
- Worksite: Leading University (Redwood City, CA 94063, Travel
locally and cross-university, May require to attend meetings on the
university campuses, the Healthcare Hospital, and Children's
- W2 Employment, Group Medical, Dental, Vision, Life,Retirement
Savings Program, PSL
- 40 hours/week, 9 Month Assignment
Technical Project ManagerResponsibilities:
- Manage large and complex technical projects leveraging project
management best practices to drive continuous improvement and
ensure consistent high-quality outcomes.
- Perform the full range of project management cycle: initiating,
planning, executing, monitoring and controlling, and closing.
Independently lead and direct projects requiring high levels of
functional integration and involving multiple disciplines to be
- Direct development of an action plan, and estimate requirements
for resources, including management, labor, materials, and time
required to complete projects.
- Facilitate discussions and negotiations to drive recommendation
- Develop and help execute comprehensive change management
strategy and communication plan relative to project scope and
stakeholders; orchestrate and lead change management methodologies
underlying project success.
- Charter origination; scope identification and shaping scope
definition; manage stakeholders, constituents and disciplines
across the organization and beyond, including local
cities/counties; risk-manage, control and report on risk associated
with more complicated projects, affecting division or program as it
relates to their project portfolio; project complexity involves
synthesizing complex technical data and driving decision.
- Adapt to tools, methodologies, and practices used by the UIT
- Other duties may also be assigned.
- Weigh the interests of multiple stakeholders, act with the
highest professionalism, and exercise independent judgment and
- Deploy IT for new facility.
Technical Project ManagerQualifications:
- 5 years of related experience in the management of projects
with extensive size/complexity and moderate performance risk,
including project planning, scheduling, tracking, and budgeting, or
a combination of education and relevant experience.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Experience with Oracle E-Business Suite desired.
- Experience with PeopleSoft Student and HR Administration
- Experience with managing IT technical infrastructure,
application, and system integrations.
- Solid experience with MS Office tools (Word, Excel, Project,
PowerPoint, Visio), Smartsheet, ServiceNow Project Portfolio
Manager (PPM), Zoom, Slack, and Jabber are strongly
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certified completion of a
Project Management Certificate program, or certification in
- Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) completion or certification in the
process is desired.
- ITIL Certification desired.
- Highly effective written and oral communication skills to
address a wide variety of audiences.
- Ability to productively assemble, engage, and lead
- Demonstrated project management ability to employ integration,
scope time management, cost, quality, human resources,
communications, risk, and procurement components.
- Ability to balance customer expectations with project
- Demonstrated resilience, diplomacy, influence, relationship
building, and problem-solving skills in a variety of
- Keen grasp of interpersonal and impact awareness.
- Depth of knowledge in technical discipline/domain needed to
- Proven experience with Agile, Waterfall, and Hybrid project
management methodologies strongly desired.
- Knowledge of project management tools and software development
lifecycle (SDLC) strongly desired.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Proven experience in developing and maintaining complex and
integrated project plans with proper work breakdown structure (WBS)
- Proven experience in people, change, risk, and conflict
management strongly desired.
- Proven ability to build relationships and motivate
cross-functional teams to achieve results in a consensus-driven
environment strongly desired.
- Ability to lead and direct a team of internal and external
technical and business staff, and align technical needs with
business goals strongly desired.
- Solid leadership, negotiation, persuasion, and facilitation
skills strongly desired.
- Ability to navigate stressful situations and make/negotiate
decisions on complex problems strongly desired.
- Understanding of Telecom service delivery (e.g. paging, TDM,
VoIP, PBX, Call Manager) and Telecom vendors such as Cisco, and
Nortel is a plus.
- Knowledge of quality assurance and testing practices
- Knowledge of data integration across different technical
- Understanding of Web application architecture and the
technology tiers that support them, system architectures,
application integration, and object-oriented languages
- Frequently sit, perform desk-based computer tasks, and grasp
lightly/fine manipulation and lift/carry /push/pull objects that
weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Occasionally stand/walk, and write by hand.
- Telephony/telecom service and infrastructure.
- Audio Visual, IT for new buildings, network, facility wiring
Keywords: Avispa Technology, Redwood City , Technical Project Manager (H), Executive , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...