Vice President, Human Resources
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: September 8, 2023
We're looking for people who put their innovation to work to
advance our success - and their own. Join an organization that
ensures a more secure world through connecting and protecting our
customers with inventive electrical solutions.
Based in Redwood City, California or Houston, Texas, the Vice
President, Human Resources for the Thermal Management business
segment of nVent will serve as a business partner to the Thermal
Management President. This person is responsible for developing and
executing a people strategy that aligns with both the segment and
enterprise strategic vision and mission. The VP, HR will report
directly to the Chief Human Resources Officer for nVent, dotted
line into the Thermal Management President and be fully integrated
with both the HR and Business Segment leadership teams. This person
will provide candid input to the segment decision-making process,
offer insight from the perspective of the HR discipline, as well as
from a general business perspective. This individual will lead and
manage an HR department with global accountabilities across all
Thermal Management Overview
Our solutions include heat tracing for pipes in industrial plants,
buildings and infrastructure; heating system components; fire-rated
wiring cables; floor-heating cables and mats; and thermostats and
controls. The success of our nVent RAYCHEM and nVent TRACER brands
demonstrate how we convert blue sky thinking into sophisticated
Behind the scenes: We invented self-regulating heating cables, with
more than a billion feet installed worldwide.
WHAT YOU WILL EXPERIENCE IN THIS POSITION:
- Provide strategic guidance on people and organizational issues,
and operate and contribute as an effective member of the senior
leadership team of the Thermal Management business segment.
- Bolster an inclusive culture, practices, and processes that
maintain nVent's "Win Right" values in a rapidly changing,
fast-paced, complex and high performing global work
- Play an important role in leading the HR team as a strategic
business partner, coach and change agent.
- Lead and manage a diverse, professional and high performing
global team of 10 to deliver exceptional HR and organization
support to the business and to employees.
- Identify and lead cross-functional high performance
organization initiatives that build outstanding leaders and
increase employee engagement.
- Improve the depth and breadth of the talent pool by attracting,
developing, deploying and retaining talent throughout the
- Collaborate and partner with HR leaders in the other business
segments and enterprise HR groups (e.g., Compensation, Benefits,
Talent Management, Talent Acquisition) as a member of nVent's HR
Leadership Team (HRLT).
- Develop and be accountable for the Thermal HR budget. YOU HAVE:
- Bachelor's Degree, Master's Degree preferred.
- 12+ years of progressive HR experience with at least 7 years of
HR management experience.
- Previous multi-site experience required; Global experience
- Manufacturing experience required.
- Experience with Direct Field Labor and project sites
- Demonstrated experience driving change management.
- Demonstrated business acumen and the ability to effectively
implement HR strategies to support business objectives.
- Ability to operate in a highly matrixed environment.
- Ability to consult, communicate and influence effectively in
various settings and audiences globally.
- Ability to travel up to 20%. WE HAVE:
- A dynamic global reach with diverse operations around the world
that will stretch your abilities, provide plentiful career
opportunities, and allow you to make an impact every day
- At nVent, we connect and protect a more sustainable and
electrified world with inventive electrical solutions. We're a
nearly $3 billion high-performance electrical company with a
dedicated team of 10,000+ people at more than 130 sites around the
world. Our solutions deliver value to industrial, commercial,
residential, energy and infrastructure customers, providing mission
critical solutions that improve performance, lower costs and reduce
- We design, manufacture, market, install and service
high-performance products and solutions that connect and protect
mission critical equipment, buildings and essential processes. Our
robust portfolio of leading electrical product brands dates back
more than 100 years and includes nVent CADDY, ERICO, HOFFMAN,
RAYCHEM, SCHROFF and TRACER.
- Commitment to strengthen communities where our employees live
- We encourage and support the philanthropic activities of our
- Through our nVent in Action matching program, we provide funds
to nonprofit and educational organizations where our employees
volunteer or donate money
- Core values that shape our culture and drive us to deliver the
best for our employees and our customers. We're known for being:
- Innovative & adaptable
- Dedicated to absolute integrity
- Focused on the customer first
- Respectful and team oriented
- Optimistic and energizing
- Accountable for performance
- Benefits to support the lives of our employees
At nVent, we connect and protect our customers with inventive
electrical solutions. People are our most valuable asset. Inclusion
and diversity means that we celebrate and encourage each other's
authenticity because we understand that uniqueness sparks
nVent's pay scale is based on the expected range of base pay for
this job and the employee's work location. Employee pay within this
range will be based on a combination of factors including
knowledge, skills, abilities, experience, education, and
performance. Where federal, state, or local minimum wage
requirements exist, employee pay will comply. This position is
posted in multiple locations and as such, the expected job-based
pay scale may vary based on the location.
Compensation Range: $210,000.00 - $275,000.00
Keywords: nVent, Redwood City , Vice President, Human Resources, Executive , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!