Lead, Materials Management Associate
Company: Exact Sciences Corporation
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: September 17, 2023
Lead, Materials Management Associate page is loaded Lead,
Materials Management Associate Apply locations US - CA - Redwood
City time type Full time posted on Posted 4 Days Ago job
requisition id R23-2368 Position OverviewThe Lead Materials Handler
Associate will lead and act as the subject matter expert in a
variety of warehouse functions including material receipt and
inspection, inventory cycle counting, specimen transfers, shipping,
receiving, and distribution of goods and supplies. This role will
provide significant support to ongoing process development and
improvements. This position will work within defined protocols and
specific procedures for the department. The Lead Materials Handler
Associate must be able to work with minimal supervision and have
excellent knowledge of all warehouse activities.This position
requires excellent attention to detail, effective written and
verbal communication skills, the ability to organize assigned
tasks, and be flexible within a cross collaboration-based
environment.Essential Dutiesinclude but are not limited to the
- Ensure prompt receipt, inspection, verification, and inventory
reporting for all incoming materials, specimens, and
- Report and resolve receiving issues promptly through RMA
- Ensure materials team is up to date on training and are
prepared to be successful within their defined roles.
- Ensure cycle counts are completed and transacted within
NetSuite (SAP) in a timely manner.
- Preform and document all inventory adjustments using the ERP
- Maintain inventory and associated records for raw materials,
intermediates, disposables, and spare parts.
- Maintain inventory accuracy numbers of 98% or higher via cycle
counting/physical inventory actions.
- Maintain the electronic AP reconciliation folder for EOM
- Oversee Kanban inventory replenishment within designated
- Ensure all materials requiring QC inspection are properly
transferred to designated holding locations.
- Coordinate with appropriate persons/departments with receipt
details as applicable.
- Ensure safe transport of materials daily between both internal
and external sites. -
- Implement/audit 5S tasks to ensure the work center is well-kept
and operating efficiently.
- Support all departments within the organization by pulling and
issuing correct inventory. -
- Ensure all outgoing materials or products are shipped in a
- Initiate/follow-up on freight claims with manager and local
- Package and process materials to be shipped in a manner
consistent with IATA, DOT, and International Customs
- Resolve internal and external issues with delivered materials
through root-cause analysis.
- Support and comply with the company's environmental health and
safety (EHS) procedures.
- Work with IT to ensure ERP is up to date and working
- Ability to accurately follow standard operating procedures
- Strong documentation skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively in team situations as well as
independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability,
innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Support and comply with the company's Quality Management System
policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to work designated schedule.
- Ability to work nights and/or weekends as needed.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds for approximately 50% of a
typical working day.
- Ability to work on a mobile device, tablet, or in front of a
computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 25% of a
typical working day.
- Ability to grasp with both hands; pinch with thumb and
forefinger; turn with hand/arm; reach above shoulder height.
- Ability to work on a computer and phone simultaneously.
- Ability to comply with any applicable personal protective
- Ability and means to travel between Redwood City
- Ability to travel 5% of working time away from work location,
may include overnight/weekend travel. Minimum Qualifications
- Associates Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, or other field
related to the essential duties of the position; or high school
degree/general education diploma and 6 years of experience in lieu
of Associates degree.
- 6+ years of experience in a distribution or warehouse
- 4+ years of experience with Warehouse Management/ERP
- Demonstrated ability to communicate across multiple
- Proficient in using basic software applications including
- Possession of a valid driver's license; no suspended, revoked,
surrendered, invalid, etc. allowed. -
- No more than two moving violations, events, or accidents within
the last 36 months. -
- No alcohol or drug event in which a vehicle was driven by the
candidate or employee, including but not limited to Blood Alcohol
Content (BAC) failure, refusal to submit to alcohol or drug test,
alcohol related suspension, etc. in the last 36 months.
- No other results from the Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) check that
exposes Exact Sciences to what Exact Sciences deems to be an
unacceptable level of liability.
- Possession of or ability to obtain a forklift
- Authorization to work in the United States without
- Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the
position with or without accommodation; No disqualifications for
employment in the U.S. lab industry as determined by the Federal
- 6+ years of experience of core distribution/warehouse duties
within a biotechnology or healthcare environment.
- 4+ years of SAP experience.
- 2+ years of Dangerous Goods Shipping/Handling experience.
- Experience in a biotech manufacturing environment, preferably
in a GMP and/or ISO 13485 environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic shipping/traffic
activities.#LI-HE1Salary Range:$56,000.00 - $91,000.00The annual
base salary shown is for this position located in US - CA - Redwood
City on a full-time basis. In addition, this position is bonus
eligible, and is eligible to receive company stock upon hire as
well as annually. Benefits offered include a retirement savings
plan, paid vacation, holiday and personal days, paid
caregiver/parental leave, and health benefits to include medical,
prescription drug, dental and vision coverage in accordance with
the terms, conditions, and eligibility requirements of the
applicable plans. If you need any assistance seeking a job
opportunity at Exact Sciences, or if you may require a reasonable
accommodation with the application process, please email
firstname.lastname@example.org . We are -an equal employment opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender
identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected
by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of
the Company's affirmative action program are available to any
applicant or employee for inspection upon request. To view the
Right to Work, E-Verify Employer, and Pay Transparency notices and
Federal, Federal Contractor, and State employment law posters,
refer to this link . These documents summarize important details of
the law and provide key points that you have a right know. About
Exact Sciences We are Exact Sciences, and we're changing lives
together through earlier detection and smarter answers.
Keywords: Exact Sciences Corporation, Redwood City , Lead, Materials Management Associate, Executive , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!