Clinical Laboratory Associate
Company: Guardant Health
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on
helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary
blood tests, vast data sets and advanced analytics. The Guardant
Health Oncology Platform leverages capabilities to drive commercial
adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes and lower healthcare
costs across all stages of the cancer care continuum. Guardant
Health has launched liquid biopsy-based Guardant360 -, Guardant360
CDx and GuardantOMNI - tests for advanced stage cancer patients.
These tests fuel development of its LUNAR program, which aims to
address the needs of early stage cancer patients with neoadjuvant
and adjuvant treatment selection, cancer survivors with
surveillance, asymptomatic individuals eligible for cancer
screening and individuals at a higher risk for developing cancer
with early detection.
At Guardant Health, we are committed to positively and
significantly impacting patient health through technology
breakthroughs that pointedly address long-standing unmet needs in
oncology. As the leader in the liquid biopsy field Guardant Health
has information about the mutational landscapes of over 30,000
As a Clinical Laboratory Associate we are looking for someone who
will be responsible for assisting the Clinical Laboratory
Scientists and supporting the daily operations of the Clinical
Laboratory. As part of the Clinical Operations you will be
- Perform equipment maintenance according to the laboratory's
standard operating procedures for the following but not limited to:
centrifuges, freezers, refrigerators, pipettors, heat blocks,
quantitation instruments, sequencers, and liquid handlers.
- Create sample batches, print labels and label tubes and
- Maintain sufficient inventory of material, supplies and
equipment in the laboratory for performance of duties.
- Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate
from the laboratory's established performance specifications.
- Clean racks and other laboratory supplies.
- Manage plasma sample inventory.
- Perform annual review of standard operating procedures.
- Assist the Reagent Manufacturing team with preparation and
aliquoting of reagents, manufacture controls and reagents kits
require for performing and supporting sample testing.
- Assist with managing and ensuring sufficient inventory of
reagents used in the Clinical Operations laboratory.
- Participate in interdepartmental activities with Supply Chain
and Quality to ensure qualified reagents for testing are available
for use at all time.
- Assist the Clinical Laboratory Scientist during clinical
- Participate in projects under the supervision of a CLS or
Supervisor along with maintaining quality and efficient work flow
of daily duties.
- Perform laboratory tests, procedures and analyses according to
the laboratory's standard operating procedures for research sample
- Operate and troubleshoot equipment according to the
laboratory's standard operating procedures for research sample
- Independently identify and troubleshoot high complexity
problems that adversely affect the test performance for research
- Assist with training of new laboratory personnel and training
of new procedures with existing personnel.
- Assist with internal audits and inspection preparation, as
- Manage of organizing and maintaining laboratory, equipment,
personnel and training documents.
- Set-up the liquid handlers and assist with liquid handlers
- Ensure on-time calibration of laboratory equipment is scheduled
- Report all concerns of test quality and/or safety to the
Supervisor or Safety Officer.
- Work closely with the CLS's and Accessioning Teams and Reagent
Manufacturing team to provide consistent and ongoing support to the
entire service department.
- Write and revise standard operating procedures, as needed.
- Identify process improvement opportunities and report to
- Provide guidance for new Clinical Laboratory Associates, give
constructive feedback and provide peer review feedback for
- Perform other duties as assigned.
If you are a dedicated Clinical Laboratory Associate with the
following experience who holds:
- Minimum of AA or equivalent required
- Bachelor of Arts or Science in Biomedical Laboratory Science,
Clinical Science or related field preferred.
- At least 2 years of related experiences in a high complexity
- Demonstrate a high level of competency when assisting in the
analytical sample processing steps all other supporting
- Dedicated to making a difference
- Driven to make a positive impact in cancer diagnosis and
- Great communicator with great written and verbal fluency in
- Detailed oriented with an appetite to drive tasks to
- Ability to work well in a rapid-pace startup environment
- Ability to work well in a group
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
Covid Vaccination Policy: Starting January 7, 2022, Guardant Health
will require all employees to be fully vaccinated to either (a)
establish that they have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19; or
(b) request and obtain an approved exemption from Guardant's
COVID-19 U.S. Vaccination Policy as a reasonable accommodation. An
employee is considered fully vaccinated against COVID-19 two weeks
after receiving the second dose of a two-dose vaccine or one dose
of a single-dose vaccination. Acceptable vaccines are approved or
under emergency use authorization by the U.S. Food and Drug
Administration (FDA) and/or the World Health Organization (WHO). In
addition, fully-vaccinated employees will be required to maintain
their fully-vaccinated status under this Policy by obtaining, if
applicable, any FDA-approved boosters.
Work Environment: Hours and days may vary depending on operational
needs; Standing or sitting for long periods of time may be
necessary. May be exposed to hazardous materials, blood specimens
and instruments with moving parts, heating or freezing elements,
and high-speed centrifugation. Repetitive manual pipetting may be
necessary; and some lifting (up to 25 pounds) may be necessary.
Guardant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be
discriminated against on the basis of disability.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
Please visit our career page at:
To learn more about the information collected when you apply for a
position at Guardant Health, Inc. and how it is used, please review
our Privacy Notice for Job Applicants.
Keywords: Guardant Health, Redwood City , Clinical Laboratory Associate, Healthcare , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!