Senior/Principal Data Scientist - Immunology/Oncology
Company: Adicet Bio, Inc.
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: June 15, 2022
JOIN US! Adicet Bio, Inc is a clinical stage biotechnology
company discovering and developing allogeneic gamma delta T cell
therapies for cancer. We are advancing a pipeline of
"off-the-shelf" gamma delta T cells, engineered with chimeric
antigen receptors (CAR) and T cell receptor-like antibodies (TCRL),
to enhance selective tumor targeting, facilitate innate and
adaptive anti-tumor immune response, and improve persistence for
durable activity in patients. Our approach to activate, engineer
and manufacture allogeneic gamma delta T cell product candidates
derived from the peripheral blood cells of unrelated donors allows
us to generate new product candidates in a rapid and cost-efficient
manner. For more information, please visit our website at . SENIOR
/ PRINCIPAL DATA SCIENTIST - IMMUNOLOGY/ONCOLOGY Adicet Bio is
seeking a Senior/Principal Data Scientist to help harness the power
of the immune system to treat cancer. The Immunology/Oncology
leaning Data Scientist will perform analyses of proprietary nucleic
acid and peptide data sets and public genomic and proteomic data
sets to find actionable biological insights. The successful
candidate will have exposure to machine learning and be willing to
acquire new techniques and methodologies. The scientist will be in
a key position to influence early discovery research and
pre-clinical development of projects at Adicet. Key
- Implements various statistical tools to accurately interpret
and prioritize findings in the context of pre-clinical and clinical
- Identifies patterns, builds models, and algorithms to help
understand complex datasets and derive insights that advance
Adicet's product pipeline.
- Use machine learning approaches to isolate potential biomarkers
from disparate data sources.
- Develop research-grade algorithms into production-level
- Work with scientists and subject matter experts to understand
workflow and variables for exploration and work to confirm findings
and validating data sources to ensure accuracy, completeness, and
uniformity. Effectively communicate findings to stakeholders.
- Drives the execution and integration of cutting-edge analytical
approaches which extend Adicet's capabilities.
- Perform and support efforts in correlative data analysis from
Data platform-derived data sources.
- Ensures that the department maintains current awareness in area
of expertise, enhances the scientific credibility through
contributions to the scientific literature
(publications/presentations) and through interactions with academic
- May supervise, train, and mentor others. Qualifications:
- Doctorate degree & 2-3+ years' experience OR Master's degree &
4+ years' experience with developing and successfully executing
clinical biomarker identification strategies in immunotherapy.
- Degree in a field of science, mathematics, or computer science
with emphasis or experience in cancer and/or immunology or
immuno-oncology, neuro-immunology, computational biology,
bioinformatics, or related field and help define and address
biological questions with computational approaches.
- Experience building NGS analysis workflows and integrative
analysis of single cell, whole exome, or targeted NGS sequencing
data (e.g., DGE, DTU, RNAseq, scRNA-seq, TCR-seq, NanoString,
- Demonstrated competence in the broad application of one or more
higher level programming languages such as Python, Java/Scala,
Matlab, SAS, SQL, or R and using distributed version control
- Experience using AWS cloud infrastructure and services (EC2,
S3, RDS, EFS).
- Comfortable using the Linux operating system virtual
environments (e.g., Anaconda).
- Knowledge and in-depth understanding of machine learning and
related open-source libraries such as Scikit-Learn; data
manipulation libraries such as Numpy, Pandas; and deep learning
libraries such as TensorFlow.
- High level of enthusiasm, broad interest, and general
understanding for biological and Data sciences, with particular
emphasis on immune effector cell biology.
- Strong project management skills and focus on delivery of
- Significant contributions and productivity in Data research as
evidenced by publications in high impact journals and presentations
at industry/scientific conferences.
- Familiarity with ELN, LIMS and lab automation systems is a
- Excellent organizational and record-keeping skills. Adicet Bio
requires all workers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19,
including the booster dose. Benefits: Adicet Bio offers both
comprehensive benefits and Paid Time (PTO) plans for employees,
which begin on the first day of employment, as well as the
opportunity to work in a growing, dynamic environment. Adicet Bio
is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be
an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual
orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran
Keywords: Adicet Bio, Inc., Redwood City , Senior/Principal Data Scientist - Immunology/Oncology, Healthcare , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!