Music, Dance, Drama or Art Therapy - Behavioral Health 105
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: January 14, 2023
Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care
company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the
community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health
services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with
public sector entities and behavioral health organizations and have
over 155 programs and over 4,3000 employees across the country. And
we're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to
empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of
Cordilleras is a licensed 68-bed mental health rehabilitation
center (MHRC) and a licensed 49-bed adult residential facility
(ARF) called The Suites. Cordilleras primarily serves San Mateo
County residents, 18-59, with long histories of mental illness and
multiple episodes of acute psychiatric hospitalization.
Full Time 1.0;AM Shift;Sunday - Thursday
Minimum Compensation: $26.05 Hourly
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
We exist to help people with mental impairments realize their full
Telecare will deliver and manage excellent services and systems of
care for persons with serious mental illness.
The Rehabilitation Therapist provides rehabilitation therapy
services to clients, both on an individual and group basis.
One (1) year of experience in an inpatient psychiatric setting is
required. A B.S./B.A. or M.S./M.A. in Occupational, Recreational,
Music, Dance, Drama or Art Therapy or Vocational Counseling,
license commensurate with the degree and a valid Class II
California Drivers License and insurability may be required.
Criminal justice clearance and education verification are
KEY RESULT AREAS
MISSION, VALUES AND BELIEFS
- Demonstrates the Telecare mission, purpose, values and beliefs
in everyday language and contact with clients, the public and other
QUALITY AND QUANTITY OF WORK
- Provides safe, effective and efficient implementation of direct
care in accordance with established policies, procedures and
standards of care.
- Establishes and maintains a therapeutic relationship with
clients and acts as a role model in maintaining a hopeful and
positive attitude in problem-solving and coping with the
disabilities associated with mental illness.
- Attends and participates in community meetings and
- Coordinates and provides rehabilitation treatment services for
assigned clients, including:
- Developing a schedule of therapeutic activities with and for
- Coordinating and monitoring daily activities.
- Coordinating and supervising clients on outings.
- Coordinating client fund raisers and special
- Driving the van on outings, as assigned.
- Provides clinical supervision for Rehabilitation Activity
Leaders, interns and volunteers, as directed.
- Leads and co-leads therapeutic groups.
- Participates in the planning of the Rehabilitation
- Participates in the development of the Individual Treatment
TEAM MEMBER PARTICIPATION
- Participates as a team member and provides input via reporting
observations, concerns and asking appropriate questions.
- Reviews and implements client treatment plans.
- Actively participates and facilitates in multidisciplinary team
meetings and treatment planning meetings.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Professional Assault Response
Training (PART) principles and uses PART concepts to manage
- Observes, records and reports client social, ADL and
- Completes the psycho-social assessment, including assessing the
clients educational and vocational needs.
JUDGMENT, DECISION MAKING AND INITIATIVE
- Demonstrates knowledge and proper use of equipment and
- Actively participating in maintaining the inventory and
ordering of equipment and supplies.
- Maintaining order and cleanliness in the Rehabilitation
- Monitoring the upkeep and safety of equipment and supplies.
- Promotes and assists clients in developing self-help
RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHERS
- Demonstrates a good rapport and cooperative working
relationships with all members of the team; responds to co-workers
with concern and promotes group morale.
- Continually focuses on assigned tasks and seeks and implements
improvements as necessary.
- Understands and demonstrates the safety program in all
- Protects clients from behavior that could damage themselves or
- Practices universal precautions at all times.
CUSTOMER AND COMMUNITY RELATIONS
- Demonstrates a knowledge of Telecare's customers including
clients, families and governmental agencies in all interactions and
- Acts in a professional manner, always demonstrating respect and
understanding of the community and neighborhood when representing
Telecare in the community.
PLANNING AND TIME UTILIZATION
- Completes and follows through with tasks and assignments,
meeting expected deadlines.
ATTENDANCE AND RELIABILITY
- Understands and demonstrates knowledge of all policies
associated with attendance.
- Attends all assigned in-service education classes.
- Role models excellent professional practice.
- Always dresses appropriately and professionally.
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at
the discretion of management.
POSITION PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS - REHAB THERAPIST
(Hours per day)
up to 3 hours
3 - 6 HOURS
6 - 8+ HOURS
Hand Use: Dominant hand Right--- Left---
Is repetitive use of hand required?
Simple Grasping (right hand)
Simple Grasping (left hand)
Power Grasping (right hand)
Power Grasping (left hand)
Fine Manipulation (right hand)
Fine Manipulation (left hand)
Pushing & Pulling (right hand)
Pushing and Pulling (left hand)
Reaching (above shoulder level)
Reaching (below shoulder level)
up to 3 hrs.
3 - 6 hrs.
6 - 8+ hrs.
up to 3 hrs.
3 -6 hrs.
6 - 8+ hrs.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS
(If yes, briefly dsecribe)
Driving cars, trucks, forklifts, and other equipment?
Working around equipment and machinery?
Walking on uneven ground?
Exposure to excessive noise?
Exposure to extremes of temperature, humidity or wetness?
Exposure to dust, gas, fumes, or chemicals?
Working at heights?
Operation of foot controls or repetitive foot movement?
Use of special visual or auditory protective equipment?
Working with bio-hazards such as: blood borne pathogens,
sewage, hospital waste, etc.
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Telecare, Redwood City , Music, Dance, Drama or Art Therapy - Behavioral Health 105, Healthcare , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!