Company: Marvel Medical Staffing
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: January 18, 2023
Unit Notes:- Unit: Radiology
- Types of Staff: Rad Techs (w/ & w/out CT experience), U/S Techs,
& Mammography Techs
- Certs: BLS & ARRT, as well as for Rad Techs need certification by
the State of CA. U/S Techs need ARDMS (American Registry for
Diagnostic Medical Sonographers) Mammography Techs must be
certified through the State of CA.
Workload Patients are scheduled 1 per hour in order to allow room
to work in inpatients & ER patients.
- EMR: Cerner
- Radiology Management Team: Radiology Coordinator, Manager, &
- # of Staff Scheduled per 24 hours: Typically schedule 15
Radiology techs per 24 hours
- Schedules: 8's are expected
- Weekend Requirement/Call: IF candidate is proficient in CT they
could be scheduled at 7a or 3p. If candidate is a general Rad Tech
they could be scheduled at 11a. U/S Tech would just work 1/2 shift
on Saturday am; however if proficient & radiologist approves them
they could have the ability to be on standby/call for the
- Holidays: Covered by call
- Rad Techs, depending on CT experience or no CT experience: 7am
(w/ CT), 10 or 11 am (non-CT), or 3 pm (w/ CT)
Graveyard shifts depend on experience.
- Scrub Color: Hospital will provide scrubs
- Radiologist : Depending on work. If radiologist not on site,
there is one on call
- Floor specific orientation: US tech: orientation is 1 week..
Rad tech w/out CT experience: orientation 1 day with portables & 1
day in the OR
Rad tech w/ CT experience: orientation depends on what scanner they
have experience with so will determine case by case.
Mammo Tech: depends on experience & if they had tomography
experience. Otherwise they will train them.
- Types of Equipment: CT uses Siemens equipment 64 slice & 128
U/S uses Phillips equipment
Common diagnosis / Types of patients: All typical hospital patients
(ER, OR, inpatient & outpatient)
- Additional Notes: Would like basic Rad techs to also have Fluro
permit so they can also do OR & routine work, Would be a huge Plus
if Rad Tech can also do CT & Mammography & be certified through the
State pf CA. Advanced certification is a PLUS but not required.
Venipuncture experience would be a PLUS but not required. Someone
with a lot of OR experience is desirable. It would be good if
Mammography Tech has tomography training.
Cancellation may cancel up to 3 times per contract. Each
cancellation could be a full shift or any part of a shift.
(Hospital may also pay full hours for a particular shift, in lieu
Shift , 3p-11p, EOW, First to Float
Required , COVID Vaccine Required, Crisis Protocol Approved
Keywords: Marvel Medical Staffing, Redwood City , Rad Tech, Healthcare , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!