Nurse Practitioner - OB/GYN - Extra-Help (OPEN)
Company: San Mateo County, CA
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: January 22, 2023
Nurse Practitioner OB/GYN - Extra-Help (OPEN) Print
Nurse Practitioner OB/GYN - Extra-Help (OPEN) Salary $179,982.40 -
$212,742.40 AnnuallyLocation County of San Mateo, CAJob TypeOther
(Posting Only)DepartmentSan Mateo Medical CenterJob NumberPOSTING
- Benefits DescriptionAt San Mateo Medical Center, we are always
seeking ways to enhance the already impressive services we offer.
This dedication to excellence is reflected in the exceptional care
we provide and the extraordinary professionals who provide it.
Here, you'll have the chance to develop your talents with a skilled
team of people who actively support and encourage each other's
success. If you're ready to open new doors for your career, join us
today!San Mateo Medical Center has an immediate extra-help opening
for a Nurse Practitioner in the OB/GYN Clinics in San Mateo,
Redwood City and Half Moon Bay.Under general supervision, the Nurse
Practitioner provides obstetric and gynecologic services such as
conducting complete physical examinations, developing diagnostic
impressions and managing care of patients in our busy OB/GYN
practice.The ideal candidate is a highly independent and reliable
practitioner with license and certification as an FNP or WHNP,
furnishing privileges and a minimum of two years recent experience
delivering prenatal, postpartum and gynecologic care to a diverse
population including placement of LARC's, screening and treatment
of STI's, well woman exams, and menstrual irregularities. This is
an extra help position designed for coverage of vacations and
medical leave at three San Mateo outpatient locations in Redwood
City, Half Moon Bay, and San Mateo. Experience in Midwifery, Labor
and Delivery, and Spanish Language speakers will be prioritized.
Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification preferred. NOTE: This is an
extra-help, at-will assignment, paid on an hourly basis. Some extra
help positions are eligible for benefits under the Affordable Care
Act. Extra help employees are not guaranteed permanent status at
the end of the assignment.Examples Of DutiesDuties may include, but
are not limited to, the following:
- Assess the health of patients to determine their physical,
emotional and social status by taking a complete medical history,
doing a physical examination, initiating screening and diagnostic
procedures etc; evaluate results of clinical findings and
laboratory tests; report any abnormalities to a physician.
- Identify and manage in collaboration with a physician, common
illnesses and/or other health problems and refer these problems or
illnesses that require immediate medical attention to the
appropriate practicing physician; assume on-going responsibility
- Collaborate with physicians and other health professionals
regarding health problems and illnesses following established
protocol relative to diagnosis and treatment of patients.
- Counsel parents or other family members regarding health
maintenance in the area of specialization.
- Coordinate and facilitate referrals to other health or social
- Maintain accurate records of assessments, follow-ups and
- Supervise the work of subordinate health workers and
participate in professional and administrative meetings.
- Perform related duties as assigned.QualificationsEducation and
Experience:Any combination of education and experience that would
likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities is
qualifying. Education: Completion of an advanced nursing degree
from a program accredited by the Commission on the Collegiate of
Nursing Education (CCNE) or the National League for Nursing
Accrediting Commission (NLNAC) with emphasis in a Nurse
Practitioners specialty area.Experience: Minimum one (1) year of
paid experience in acute and/or ambulatory care setting.Licensure:
- Possession of a California license as a Registered Nurse.
- Possession of a California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN)
Nurse Practitioner License.
- Possession of a California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN)
- Possession of a DEA Number.
- For positions assigned to OB-GYN, a Nurse Practitioner License
may be substituted with Nurse Midwife License and at least one
certification in womens health specialty.Special Certification:
Depending on assignment, position requires certification in at
least one of the following specialty areas: Pediatric: Primary
health care for patients 17 years of age and under.Family: Primary
health care for patients of all ages.Geriatric: Primary health care
for older patients.OB/GYN: Womens health or primary health care for
obstetric and gynecologic patients.Knowledge of:
- Principles, practices and procedures used in the detection,
diagnosis and treatment of common health problems as related to the
- Fundamentals of clinical medicine as related to clinical
- Drugs commonly used in the area of specialty including the
indications of their use, anticipated therapeutic effect, side
effects and untoward reactions and contraindications.
- Safety and infection control practices and procedures.
- Normal and abnormal values of laboratory tests and their
- Operations and care of medical equipment and instruments used
in the area of specialty.
- Laws and regulations pertinent to the practice of nursing and
medicine applicable to assigned specialty.
- Community resources and referral systems.
- Provisions of the Nurse Practice Act.Skill/Ability to:
- Assess the health status of patients.
- Provide health care services including the taking of a complete
medical history, doing complete physical examination and other
related clinical procedures.
- Identify and manage health problems common in the area of
- Develop and implement treatment plans for patients according to
policies and protocol.
- Analyze and interpret health information/data including results
of laboratory testing.
- Communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with
patients, professional staff and others.
- Follow safety practices and procedures.
- Maintain accurate records and preparing
reports.Application/ExaminationIf you are interested in being
considered for one of these extra help positions, the following
materials must be electronically submitted in a Word or PDF format
and emailed to Linda Franco, Clinics Manager or Julie Birdsong
Supervising Nurse Practitioner Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Responses to Supplemental QuestionsSupplemental Questions:
- Possession of a current California license as a Registered
Nurse is required to qualify for this recruitment. Please provide
the following: RN license number and expiration date:
- Possession of a current California Nurse Practitioner
certificate in Primary health care for obstetric and gynecologic
patients is required to qualify for this recruitment. Please
provide the following: Certificate number and expiration date:
- Do you possess a DEA license? If yes, please provide your DEA
license number and expiration date:
- Describe the education, training and work experience that
qualify you for a position as a Nurse Practitioner OB/GYN in an
outpatient setting. Be specific:
- Describe your experience working with and treating pregnant,
postpartum and gyn patients.
- Give an example of your work experience as a Nurse Practitioner
that best demonstrates your ability to work independently, with
little or no supervision. Be specific about where the experience
was gained, what your duties were and for how long you performed
the job. Be specific.Please include the words "Nurse Practitioner
OB/GYN - Extra-Help" in the subject area of email submissions
to:Linda Franco, Clinics Manager or Julie Birdsong Supervising
Nurse PractitionerEmail: email@example.com or
firstname.lastname@example.orgApplication materials will be reviewed as they
are received, and well-qualified candidates will be contacted for
an interview.Apply immediately. Application materials will be
accepted until position is filled. This posting is open on a
continuous basis and selection may be made at any time within the
process.NOTE: Application materials are only accepted via e-mail.
Materials sent via regular mail and/or fax will not be accepted.
Submittals that do not include all required elements (cover letter
with responses to supplemental questions and a resume) will not be
considered.At the County of San Mateo, we take pride in the way our
employees bring together their diverse backgrounds, experiences,
and perspectives to serve our community's needs. The County is an
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.Please visit
https://www.smcgov.org/media/100166/download?inline= for a complete
listing of all benefits for this classification.Benefits are
offered to eligible employees of the County of San Mateo. All
benefits are subject to change.NOTE: Employees hired on or after
January 1, 2013 may be subject to new Pension Reform retirement
laws.As an additional benefit, the County offers extensive training
and development programs designed to improve skills and enhance
career opportunities. Most programs are offered on County time at
no cost to you.County employees are also covered by the federal
Social Security system and earn benefits for retirement based on
salary and time worked.AgencyCounty of San MateoAddressCounty of
San Mateo Human Resources Department 455 County Center Redwood
City, California, 94063-1663 Phone(650) 363-4343 (650) 363-4303
Websitehttps://jobs.smcgov.org Please verify your email address
Keywords: San Mateo County, CA, Redwood City , Nurse Practitioner - OB/GYN - Extra-Help (OPEN), Healthcare , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!