Executive Sous Chef - Redwood City
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: May 6, 2021
About the Team The DoorDash Kitchens team is a part of
DoorDash's New Delivery Models and launches and operates shared
'dark kitchens' for restaurateurs looking to grow their business.
This is a small but mighty team helping scale DoorDash Kitchens.
About the Role You'll cook multiple culinary concepts and manage
the daily operations of our first DoorDash operated kitchen. You
will oversee inventory, ordering, scheduling the culinary team and
ensuring that food orders are cooked and fulfilled to the highest
standard. You will manage multiple cooks that work in the kitchen
to make sure they are successful, operating with quality and speed
while maintaining food safety compliance. You will report to the
Bay Area Operations Manager.
- Culinary Management. Create a culture of excellence that
supports cooking menus to the highest operational standards. You
will oversee ordering and inventory control ensuring that the team
has what they need to successfully cook and fulfill orders
- Operations Management. Manage regular cleaning and maintenance
schedules and cost with vendors, oversee health and safety of the
kitchen facility and overall - ensure that the kitchen
infrastructure is in good working condition.
- Team Management Manage the culinary team, building a strong
team culture. This includes scheduling, training, and conducting
performance management for your team. You will oversee 5-6 line
cooks with an opportunity to grow the team. You're excited about
this opportunity because you...
- Are cuisine-curious and love to cook across multiple culinary
- Love to build processes and see a plan in action
- Are passionate about cooking consistently from a playbook
- Want to work in new restaurant models including delivery-only
environments. We're excited about you because---
- You have 5 years or more experience cooking and managing in a
high volume kitchen environment including fast-casual, QSR, and
- You have 2 years of experience managing a team including hiring
and firing responsibilities
- You have experience managing to results including food cost and
labor cost goals
- You have a ServeSafe Managers License and have meticulous
cleanliness standards Why You'll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management
team. It's something everyone at DoorDash embraces and
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is
to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our
industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners - We're not afraid to dig in and uncover the
truth, even if it's scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is
continually learning on the job, no matter if we've been in a role
for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower
local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and
dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people,
together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health
benefits. About DoorDash DoorDash is a technology company that
connects customers with their favorite local and national
businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United
States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to
grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven
insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful
experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery
infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities
closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or
at . Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion We're committed to
growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our
company, industry, and cities. That's why we hire and cultivate
diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds,
experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation
happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools,
resources, and opportunity to excel.
Keywords: DoorDash, Redwood City , Executive Sous Chef - Redwood City, Hospitality & Tourism , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!