TEMPORARY Housekeeper (Full-Time) - Behavioral Health 105
Company: Telecare Corporation
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: January 16, 2022
TELECARE CORPORATIONFounded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly
growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference
for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an
array of mental health services to adults with serious mental
illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral
health organizations and have over 155 programs and over 4,300
employees across the country. And we're growing all the time! When
you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals
every day in their journeys of recovery.Cordilleras is a licensed
68-bed mental health rehabilitation center (MHRC) and a licensed
49-bed adult residential facility (ARF) called The Suites.
Cordilleras primarily serves San Mateo County residents, 18-59,
with long histories of mental illness and multiple episodes of
acute psychiatric hospitalization.Employment Status:
Full-TimeShift: AM/PMDays: Varies as neededPOSITION OBJECTIVEThe
Housekeeper is the staff member that performs tasks that involve
cleaning and servicing the building areas of the facility. In
addition, a variety of housekeeping duties are performed in order
to maintain the facility in an orderly, sanitary and attractive
condition.QUALIFICATIONSOne (1) year of relevant experience in the
hotel, motel, health care or a similar work environment is
required. Experience in a health care setting is preferred. High
school graduation or a G.E.D. equivalent is preferred. Incumbents
in this position must have the ability to read, write and speak
English in order to follow written and verbal directions. Good
communication skills and a desire to work with mentally impaired
adults are crucial. Applicant must be finger printed and receive
clearance from Criminal Justice Department.KEY RESULT AREASMISSION,
VALUES AND BELIEFS
- Demonstrates the Telecare mission, purpose, values and beliefs
in everyday language and contact with clients, the public and other
staff members.QUALITY AND QUANTITY OF WORK
- Performs tasks correctly and according to policies and
- Thoroughly and consistently performs the following cleaning
- sweeps, mops, vacuums, buffs, strips, washes and shampoos floor
- cleans and dusts furniture, closets, telephone areas and
- scours, polishes and sanitizes sinks, counters, stainless steel
surfaces and waste receptacles
- empties waste receptacles and cleans solid waste containers and
transports medical waste to outside storeroom, as directed.
- washes windows and walls, which may involve removing draperies
and rugs, as directed.
- washes mops, rags and linen, as directed.
- gathers and returns needed cleaning supplies and equipment
daily to support rooms, as directed.
- distributes the clean laundry, from the clean linen closet to
the nursing staff, as directed.
- collects dirty laundry from the nursing areas and moves it to
the loading area for pickup as directed.TEAM MEMBER PARTICIPATION
- Participates as a team member and provides input via reporting
observations, concerns and asking appropriate questions.JUDGMENT,
DECISION MAKING AND INITIATIVE
- Demonstrates knowledge and proper use of equipment and
- Reports defective equipment or needed repairs to
- Executes, as required, the facility Fire, Disaster and Safety
- Assists with the management of assaultive behavior upon request
by the clinical staff.
- Reports fire and accident hazards to supervisor.RELATIONSHIPS
- Demonstrates a good rapport and cooperative working
relationships with all members of the team; responds to co-workers
with concern and promotes group morale.QUALITY IMPROVEMENT
- Continually focuses on assigned tasks and seeks and implements
improvements as necessary.
- Understands and demonstrates the safety program in all
- Has knowledge of and implements contamination and infection
- Practices universal precautions at all times.CUSTOMER AND
- Demonstrates a knowledge of Telecare's customers including
clients, families and governmental agencies in all interactions and
- Acts in a professional manner, always demonstrating respect and
understanding of the community and neighborhood when representing
Telecare in the community.PLANNING AND TIME UTILIZATION
- Completes and follows through with tasks and assignments,
meeting expected deadlines. ATTENDANCE AND RELIABILITY
- Understands and demonstrates knowledge of all policies
associated with attendance.PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Attends all assigned in-service education programs.
- Requests additional training in areas where self-improvement is
- Always dresses appropriately and professionally.PHYSICAL
REQUIREMENTSACTIVITY(Hours per day)
OCCASIONALLYup to 3 hours
FREQUENTLY3 - 6 HOURS
CONSTANTLY6 - 8+ HOURS
Hand Use: Dominant hand Right- Left-
Is repetitive use of hand required? YES
Simple Grasping (right hand)
Simple Grasping (left hand)
Power Grasping (right hand)
Power Grasping (left hand)
Fine Manipulation (right hand)
Fine Manipulation (left hand)
Pushing & Pulling (right hand)
Pushing and Pulling (left hand)
Reaching (above shoulder level)
Reaching (below shoulder level)
Occasionallyup to 3 hrs.
Frequently3 - 6 hrs.
Constantly6 - 8+ hrs.
Occasionallyup to 3 hrs.
Frequently3 -6 hrs.
Constantly6 - 8+ hrs.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Driving cars, trucks, forklifts, and other equipment?
Working around equipment and machinery?
Walking on uneven ground?
Exposure to excessive noise?
Exposure to extremes of temperature, humidity or wetness?
Exposure to dust, gas, fumes, or chemicals?
Working at heights?
Operation of foot controls or repetitive foot movement?
Use of special visual or auditory protective equipment?
Working with bio-hazards such as: blood borne pathogens,
sewage, hospital waste, etc.
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at
the discretion of management.EOE AA M/F/V/DisabilityEqual
Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Telecare Corporation, Redwood City , TEMPORARY Housekeeper (Full-Time) - Behavioral Health 105, Hospitality & Tourism , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!