Company: First Transit
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Are you interested in becoming a Road Supervisor? Now is your
chance! Become a Road Supervisor with First Transit!
- $2000 sign-on bonus for less than two years of holding a
current, valid CDL w/passenger endorsement $3000 sign-on bonus for
two years or more of holding a current, valid CDL w/passenger
endorsement Our road supervisors are an integral part of daily
operations. Road Supervisors assure all routes are completed in
compliance with safety procedures. This position also monitors and
coaches bus drivers. We hire individuals who make safety and
customer service their top priorities. If you have the drive,
confidence, and determination to succeed, First Transit is looking
for you! Job Purpose Serves as First Line supervisors for Drivers,
customer response, driver field evaluation and accident first
responders. Major Responsibilities
- Communicates job requirements and responsibilities to
- Takes responsibility for day to day scheduling, counseling and
evaluation reports to local management.
- Conducts on-the-scene accident investigation; assists drivers
in preparing accident reports, OSHA reports and safety violations
- Designs and delivers driver training and safety courses; trains
new drivers and retrains those involved in accidents.
- Observes drivers on the road, and corrects safety problems on
the scene while documenting violations.
- Liaisons between drivers and both clients and organization in
customer service issues.
- Evaluates and monitors driver safety and performance, as well
as compliance in legal, employment and labor policy matters.
- Assists Safety Manager with DOT/FTA compliance regarding drug
testing and recordkeeping.
- Assists in dispatching, driving, interviewing, and
miscellaneous clerical tasks as needed.
- Meets all driver qualifications at location.
- Obtains a CDL required to operate vehicles at location,
maintains that license, and drives route periodically.
- Additional duties as assigned. Minimum Education &
- High School Diploma (or equivalent) Minimum Experience & Skills
- Supervisory experience with hourly employees, with 2-3 years of
transit supervisory experience preferred.
- Computer literate with working knowledge of Word, Excel and
- Familiar with basic vehicle mechanical processes and
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and manage time
- Excellent verbal, written and relational communication skills,
with ability to appropriately interact with employees of all levels
including drivers, customers, senior management, client
representatives, union officials and general public; fluent in
- Human resources and training experience.
- Work extended hours regularly, including Saturday.
- Demonstrate regular and consistent attendance and
- Possess working vehicle to travel with in service area as
- Essential Job Functions:
- Use of full ranges of hearing, speech and vision
- Use of fingers (manual dexterity) handling paperwork
- Stoop, crouch, squat or kneel when performing inspections of
- Bend at knee, hip, waist when performing duties
- Stand while performing inspections and platform training.
- Be subject to wet, cold or hot environmental conditions
- Write reports in a coherent, legible way First for a Reason
Benefits We offer competitive compensation and benefits, including
physical and mental health initiatives, medical/dental/vision,
401(k), and paid holiday/vacation. Diversity & Inclusion Because
we're stronger together, we aspire to have a culture where all
people are First. We're committed to providing an inclusive and
diverse working environment for everyone every day. Professional
Advancement Start here. Go far. We believe in promoting from
within, which means tremendous opportunities for you, thanks to our
strong presence across North America. In addition, our 18-month
Aspiring Manager Program prepares future leaders at First Transit.
Extensive Training Build skills and knowledge in such areas as
safety and security, injury prevention, technology and equipment,
and job efficiency. Community Service & Impact Go where opportunity
meets community. Our customers are at the heart of everything we
do. As the face of First Transit and First Vehicle Services in your
community, you'll have a positive impact on others. We aspire to
have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and
retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to
providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to
positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will
consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco
Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First
is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain
and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for
Keywords: First Transit, Redwood City , Road Supervisor, Hospitality & Tourism , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!