Company: Jo-Ann Stores, LLC
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: November 26, 2022
SummaryThe Store Manager's responsibility is first and foremost
to drive sales, but they also act as an inspirational leader and
role model for their team. This individual coaches, develops and
inspires the team so everyone is aligned with JOANN's overall
mission and vision. The Store Manager empowers their team and
creates a positive environment, for both customers and team
members, which leads to the achievement of financial
goals.Responsibilities & Competencies HEARTS
- Develops long-lasting customer relationships by identifying and
anticipating customers' needs
- Connects with the greater community and acts as a brand
ambassador for JOANN
- Motivates, coaches, and inspires the team and ensures they are
the best possible brand ambassadors
- Stays adept at knowing the product and staying curious on new
merchandise and trendsHANDS
- Communicates new initiatives, leadership messages, and
- Ensures impeccable execution of operational policies and
- Coaches and inspires the team to drive sales by exceeding
- Builds strategic plans and provides the necessary tools for the
team to achieve KP
- Required to enter and exit truck beds to remove freight
- Unloads freight from the truck and sorts it according to
- Continually stays informed on industry trends and seeks out
ways to stay relevant in the marketplace
- Able to cope with change and shift direction as needed
- Drives sales by continually analyzing reports and identifying
trends. Creates strategies to achieve both individual and store
- Utilizes the FAST model to consistently deliver sales plan and
- Mentors and inspires the team to enhance the overall store's
- Creates a model for continuous learning while promoting
teamwork and appreciation throughout the team
- Develops in-store talent by creating succession plans and
effectively managing performance
- Networks, recruits, hires to staffing needs, and trains team
members using the onboarding tools provided
- Proficient in the use of computers, including: MS Office
products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), POS and Inventory Management
- Must have the ability to identify and solve complex
- Demonstrate a "customer first" service focus.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills/proficient written and
verbal communication abilities.
- In-depth knowledge of retail financials and the ability to
manage a P&L line-by-line.
- Naturally curious and inquisitive nature with a desire to learn
- Self-starter who promotes action and maintains sense of urgency
to achieve results.Applicable laws may place restrictions on a Team
Members ability to perform certain work duties listed in this job
description. Please contact your manager if you have any questions
regarding the limitations on the duties you can perform.Physical
- Stand during an entire shift (other than normal break
- Continuously walk around all areas of the store throughout
- Read written instructions, reports, and other information on
paper and computer screens.
- Orally communicate with customers and other team members on
consistent basis throughout their shift.
- Input data on computer keyboard and handheld units.
- Use 2-way radios (hear incoming messages and provide verbal
- Push/pull merchandise with appropriate equipment (carts, bins,
etc.) to and from backroom and sales floor.
- Lift, place, and arrange items on shelves and racks.
- Bend down and reach above head.
- Climb and descend ladder.
- Individually lift up to 49 pounds, and group lift up to 97
pounds (under 2lbs on a constant basis, 10lbs on a frequent basis,
10-49lbs on an occasional basis, and 50-97lbs group lifts on an
infrequent basis).Expected Availability Available to work a
flexible schedule, including days, evenings, weekends and
holidaysEducation & ExperienceEducationMinimum - High School
Diploma or equivalentExperienceMinimum - 2+ years of progressive
retail management experience#zrsmThis position will be located
at:308 Walnut St Redwood City, CA 94063-1718JOANN is an Equal
Employment Opportunity Employer. This job summary is intended to be
brief and does not list all duties for this position. Nothing in
this job description should be construed as an express or implied
contract of employment. JOANN is an at-will employer, which means
that your employment may be terminated by JOANN or yourself with or
without notice or cause unless the at-will arrangement is modified
by a written agreement signed by both you and and authorized
representative of JOANN.
Keywords: Jo-Ann Stores, LLC, Redwood City , Store Manager, Hospitality & Tourism , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!