Sr. Human Resources Administrator
Company: Stanford University
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Stanford's Online High School is an accredited,
diploma-offering, highly selective independent high school,
offering courses for grades 7-12. The mission of Stanford Online
High School (OHS) is to create a worldwide learning community of
diverse, intellectually passionate students and teachers. Through
vibrant seminars, the rigorous curriculum challenges students to
reason analytically, think creatively, and argue critically. Beyond
the classroom, collaborative extracurricular activities cultivate
lasting relationships among students and teachers. The school's
supportive environment fosters independence, strength of character,
and a lifelong pursuit of knowledge. Stanford Online High School is
also the home of Stanford Pre-Collegiate Studies (SPCS) , which
provides a diverse array of academic enrichment programs that take
place mostly in the summer but also throughout the academic year.
Held both in-person and online, SPCS programs serve intellectually
curious pre-college students from around the world. *Stanford
Online High School and Stanford Pre-Collegiate Studies offices are
located at the Stanford Redwood City Campus , however some travel
between the two campuses is required for I-9 processing and other
meetings. This position is eligible for a hybrid work arrangement
upon mutual agreement .* Under general direction, the Sr. Human
Resources Administrator (HRA2) will provide human resources program
oversight, support, and/or management to include planning,
implementation, auditing, and reporting to meet established
deadlines. The Sr. HR Administrator serves as a resource to
employees on human resources policies, procedures, and practices,
providing support and guidance to 175 - 350 full time and seasonal
employees, with the peak volume occurring from April to September.
- Facilitate the recruitment process of new employees by
providing advice and resources to hiring managers on job postings,
advertising, interview questions, and reference checking. Manage
the posting of all position vacancies; conduct pre-screening,
assist with interviewing, and recommend qualified applicants.
- Guide supervisors in the process of selecting job descriptions
and developing job postings. Advise on appropriate interview,
reference check questions and on the recruitment process to ensure
effective communication and compliance with Stanford policy. -
- Manage the hiring process; p repare and send offer letters to
benefits eligible and contingent staff. Ensure all employees have
appropriate work authorization documents. Ensure that Mandated
Reporter, Harassment Prevention, Campus Security Authority, and all
other required training and compliance programs are completed by
- Coordinate the payment process for guest speakers to ensure
that they receive approval from their home department when
- Design and manage onboarding and exit processes. Supervise and
manage hiring timelines and logistics for the benefits-eligible and
seasonal hiring processes. Coordinate staffing for Stanford main
campus and Redwood City locations to provide hiring and onboarding
support to benefits-eligible and seasonal employees
- Interpret human resources policies, and provide advice on human
resources processes, procedures and issues. Resolve issues as
appropriate and consult with and make recommendations to
manager/director to resolve more complex issues.
- Manage HRIS data management activities, including PeopleSoft
transactions. Monitor personnel action reporting to ensure data
integrity and compliance, and research and resolve pay issues.
- Develop and maintain a variety of reports and queries. Analyze
and monitor data to recommend and implement process and practice
- Explain applicable workers' compensation, disability, leave
policies and procedures. Manage appropriate documentation and
generate related correspondence.
- Coordinate the communication and work flow of the annual
performance appraisal processes. Gather data and/or generate
reports to support the performance appraisal and salary planning
- Oversee the administration of the annual performance appraisal
process. Manage distribution of self-evaluation and appraisal forms
to employees and supervisors, and provide guidance and direction as
needed. Collaborate with the Director of Operations on the annual
salary setting process.
- Maintain oversight of the trial period review process and
provide guidance to supervisors as needed.
- Manage work flow and oversee staff who will initiate background
checks; track clearance; process I-9s; initiate LiveScan
completion; track and monitor required employee training as well as
implement other compliance programs.
- Conduct research in support of workplace investigations, as
- Direct the work of other two full-time human resources
administrators; provide training, mentorship, and professional
- Associate degree and four years of relevant experience, or a
combination of education and relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience applying and interpreting human
resources policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated experience successfully managing programs and/or
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and
effectively handle highly sensitive and personal information with
sound judgment, tact, and discretion.
- Ability to work independently, consistently follow through with
projects and assignments, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to
independently draft effective correspondence and
- Demonstrated strong and effective interpersonal and customer
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite
(Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Must be skilled in human
resource management systems, such as PeopleSoft and time/leave
systems. Experience using email and internet.
- In addition to Microsoft Office suite, strong proficiency in
SmartSheets, Google Workspace, and other collaborative
- Adaptability to changing software tools, conditions, and
- A short evaluative exercise will be requested during the
- Travel on and between Stanford's Historic and Redwood City
- Frequently stand/walk, sit, perform desk-based computer tasks,
and use a telephone.
- Occasionally write by hand, twist/bend/stoop/squat, reach/work
above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully,
lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds, sort/file
- Vacation time requests during the peak hiring season (April -
September) will be granted on a limited basis. Imagine a world with
limitless connections and access to knowledge. C onsider lives
saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure
illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live
and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and
dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future
of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition
reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening,
or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous
time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds
of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise
facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails,
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing
incentives, discounts and more! We invite you to apply for this
position by clicking on the "Apply for Job" button. To be
considered, please submit a cover letter and r--sum-- along with
your online application. *Note: The job duties listed are typical
examples of work performed by positions in this job classification
and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a
comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities.
Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on
department or program needs without changing the general nature and
scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also
perform other duties as assigned. *All employees may be subject to
Stanford's travel policy , if relocating from outside of California
and are expected to perform work on-site. Please note that you will
be subject to all COVID-19 requirements for Stanford employees,
which includes being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 pursuant to our
vaccination policy . * *Visa sponsorship is not available for this
position. All candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will
provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability
who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of
the job. *Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and
affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law. We're always looking for people
who can bring new perspectives and life experiences to our team.
Found the perfect role and ready to apply? Learn more on what to
Keywords: Stanford University, Redwood City , Sr. Human Resources Administrator, Human Resources , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!