Human Resources Administrator 1 (Hybrid Opportunity)
Company: Stanford University
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: January 20, 2023
Stanford University will be officially closed for regular
business from Wednesday, December 21, 2022 through Tuesday, January
3, 2023. Normal operations resume on Wednesday, January 4,
You may continue to apply for opportunities during our winter
closure. Since many of the University's schools and administrative
units are closed, your application may not be reviewed until normal
operations resume on January 4, 2023, or shortly thereafter.
Thank you for your interest! Job Summary
- DATE POSTED 4 days ago
- Schedule Full-time
- Job Code 4701
- Employee Status Regular
- Grade F
- Department URL
- Requisition ID 97404 The Department of Anesthesiology, Pain and
Perioperative Medicine at S tanford University is seeking a
full-time Human Resources Administrator (HRA) to provide human
resources administrative support under the direct supervision of
the HR Manager/Director. In this role, the HRA1 will act as the
first point of contact for most human resources inquiries and serve
as a resource to staff and faculty on human resources policies,
procedures, and practices. The HRA will be the department's Time
and Leave Administrator, assists and tracks disability, medical,
and workers' compensation claims and leaves. The HRA will be
responsible for the recruitment and hiring process for contingent
staff, as well as the onboarding process for contingent staff,
Clinical Educators, and students. This role requires a keen
attention to detail, and excellent customer service skills. Come
and join our team, and get started on your HR career! At Stanford
University School of Medicine, the work we do touches the lives of
those today and tomorrow. Through education, research, and health
care, the School of Medicine improves health through leadership,
diversity, collaborative discoveries, and innovation in health
care. Whether working in departments with faculty, or in units that
support the school, our staff are a part of teams that propel us on
our journey toward the future of medicine and Precision Health.
Supporting that mission is a staff of more than 10,000, which is
rooted in a culture of excellence and values innovation,
collaboration, and life-long learning. To foster the talents and
aspirations of our staff, Stanford offers career development
programs, competitive pay that reflects market trends and benefits
that increase financial stability and promote healthy, fulfilling
lives. An award- winning employer, Stanford offers an exceptional
setting for professionals looking to advance their careers. Duties
- Serve as a resource on human resources issues, effectively
communicate human resources policies, and explain human resources
processes and procedures. Resolve basic issues as appropriate.
Refer other issues to human resources manager/director for
- Coordinate the recruitment process, including job postings,
interview scheduling, and applicant disposition with hiring
managers, human resources staff, and/or supervisors.
- Support and coordinate employment activities (transactions and
documentation). Assist in onboarding and exit process of staff,
clinician educators, faculty, and student employees.
- Act as the Department's Time and Leave Administrator. Send
reminders for timecard deadlines, review and approve all timecards
in the Department, and work with supervisors and managers to ensure
timecards are being submitted accurately.
- Coordinate and/or perform HRIS data management activities,
including initiating transactions and running reports for
compliance, audit, and metrics purposes. Ensure data integrity, and
serve as primary contact for identifying and resolving pay issues.
May perform time and leave administration duties and input data to
- Explain applicable disability and leave procedures, and
generate related correspondence; update and maintain reports to
track leaves. Coordinate disability leaves with University
Disability and Leave Services.
- Assist in the communication of the annual performance appraisal
process; review and track incoming performance appraisal
- Maintain personnel files in Open Text, and other human
resources related files.
- Provide general administrative support for human resources
staff. This position is hybrid, and is based on Stanford's
beautiful Redwood City Campus. Please submit a cover letter with
your application. * - Other duties may also be assigned DESIRED
QUALIFICATIONS: - Prior HR Experience preferred. EDUCATION &
EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED): Associate degree and two years of relevant
experience, or a combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to learn and apply general human resources policies
using problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and
effectively handle highly sensitive and personal information with
sound judgment, tact, and discretion.
- Ability to consistently follow through with projects and
assignments and meet deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong and effective interpersonal and customer service
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite
(Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Familiarity with human resource management systems, such as
PeopleSoft and Axess time/leave systems.
- Experience using email and internet. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS*:
- Frequently stand/walk, sit, perform desk-based computer tasks,
and use a telephone.
- Occasionally write by hand, twist/bend/stoop/squat, reach/work
above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully,
lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds, sort/file
- Rarely kneel/crawl, operate foot and/or hand controls. * -
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will
provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability
who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of
his or her job. WORKING CONDITIONS: Travel on campus to
schools/units, out of town. WORK STANDARDS -
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well
with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal
responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns;
uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable
University policies and procedures, including but not limited to
the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's
Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu . School of
Medicine, Redwood City, California, United StatesWe're always
looking for people who can bring new perspectives and life
experiences to our team. Found the perfect role and ready to apply?
Learn more on what to expect next.
Keywords: Stanford University, Redwood City , Human Resources Administrator 1 (Hybrid Opportunity), Human Resources , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!