Software Product Owner
Company: Exact Sciences Corporation
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: May 23, 2020
The Software Product Owner will be a key team member of the
Software Product Owner group that will drive the process of
transforming requirements into user stories for development teams
to deliver in an Agile environment. The candidate will be
responsible for following established software engineering
processes and methodologies, including Agile and SDLC, to
successfully move solutions through the development lifecycle. They
will perform activities such as user story writing and grooming,
functional specification writing, user demos and user acceptance
testing execution with business teams. This position will work
closely with Product Managers and Business Process Analysts to
ensure that business requirements are accurately captured in the
user stories, design and solutions. The candidate must be able to
multi-task on projects based on business priorities. This position
offers significant growth potential within an innovative and
dynamic cancer diagnostics company.Including but not limited to the
- Groom and manage product and sprint user story backlogs to
deliver maximum business value and maximize productivity of the
development teams by aligning to larger strategic objectives.
- Ensure correct business requirements have been gathered related
to digital product offerings and utilize analysis tools, such as
use cases and process flows to translate into user story acceptance
- Ensure an effective user experience by creating wireframes,
capturing user interface requirements from an end user point of
view and utilizing an eye for visual detail.
- Write functional specifications to ensure proper delivery of
- Facilitate solution discussions with the development team,
focusing on iterations to allow for maximum business value and
minimal development and testing effort.
- Quickly develop a detailed understanding of systems and
processes within the covered Software areas.
- Make key decisions that drive resolution of product bugs,
defects, and other issues.
- Collaborate with quality engineering team to support system and
- Proactively identify opportunities or obstacles concerning data
accuracy, data integrity, and relevance.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability,
innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Support and comply with the company's Quality Management System
policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to work designated schedule.
- Work effectively in a team-oriented environment with strong
- Results and deadline driven; must be willing to do whatever is
reasonable to meet deadlines.
- Analytical, problem solving, and trouble-shooting skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication style, including
well-organized, informative presentations.
- Standing or sitting for long periods of time may be
- Travel Requirements: 5% Travel.Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field;
or high school degree/general education diploma and 4 years of
relevant experience in lieu of degree.
- 5+ years of related experience to include:
- 1+ years of experience in product ownership within an Agile
framework as a product owner, product manager, business analyst or
subject matter expert.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the
position with or without accommodation.Preferred Qualifications
- Industry experience within biotechnology, life sciences, or
- Experience working on software within the areas of order
management, physician or patient ordering portals, and/or
laboratory reports.#LI-AL1We are an equal employment opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender
identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected
by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of
the Company's affirmative action program are available to any
applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
Keywords: Exact Sciences Corporation, Redwood City , Software Product Owner, IT / Software / Systems , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!