Software Engineer - API & Services
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: October 18, 2020
At Caffeine, we want to change how people consume live
television - making it more friendly, connected, and fun. To do
this, we're building a new social broadcasting platform that
features world-class content, easy-to-use broadcasting tools, a
social and fun viewing experience, and an engaged broadcaster
This is an exciting and enormous challenge, and we will only be
successful if we build a supportive and collaborative team. Our
teams prioritize delighting our community of viewers and
broadcasters, working with intention, taking ownership of our
commitments, and acting with resilience and determination-all with
the intention to ship greatness, always.
As a Software Engineer at Caffeine, you will be building the core
of our product. You will create new services, contributing to our
real-time components and integrating with the data stores that make
up our product. We have a microservices architecture with a focus
on speed and reliability. You and your team will own and maintain
each service you create, from coding & testing to deployment
pipeline & production uptime.What You'll Do
- Design, build, and maintain backend service APIs.
- Create new micro-services and integrate with existing
- You will add new functionality to (as well as maintain) our
- You will write unit, functional, and integration tests for the
services and features you add, as well as find and adopt new ones
to further increase maintainability and velocity.
- Optimize data access patterns for speed and scalability.
- Instrument services for operational visibility (both logging
- You will work cross-functionality with our Marketing, Product,
and Content-focused colleagues to build the best experience.
- You will build software that is scalable, extensible,
maintainable and observable.
Who You Are & What You've Done
- 3+ years of engineering experience building APIs and
- Experience in building highly performant systems using
relational and key-value datastore.
- Experience with CI/CD, build pipeline and automation.
- Experience working with distributed systems in production.
- Ability to learn and understand new technologies/languages
quickly; we currently use Golang, Ruby, Python, but we use whatever
tool is required to get the job done right.
- Experience working in modern containerization technologies like
Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience building software in cloud such as AWS or GCP.
- Experience with 'event driven' architecture such as Kafka.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Caffeine. We believe
that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas
allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our
diverse, global community. We welcome people of different
backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an
equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Caffeine, Redwood City , Software Engineer - API & Services, IT / Software / Systems , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!