Company: Provident Credit Union
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: February 23, 2021
PROGRAMMER ANALYSTWhy Provident:Provident Credit Union is
member-owned, trusted, financially sound, technologically advanced,
and provides "world class" value, convenience, products and
services to all members. We are headquartered in Redwood Shores, CA
and have 21 branches located throughout the San Francisco Bay Area,
and Folsom. Job Summary:The application programmer is responsible
for designing and testing program logic, coding programs, program
documentation and preparation of programs for computer operations.
Applies change management techniques and procedures when updating
software. Individual is encouraged and expected to provide coding
efficiencies and value adds to new and existing software Essential
- Codes, Tests, Debugs and documents modified and new
- Uses coding methods for specific programming language to
enhance or initiate efficient program execution and performance and
to reach optimum hardware use.
- Monitors production programs for expected performance and
responds to errors and emergency problems.
- Works within specifications provided to meet programming
assignment goals and objectives in a timely and accurate
- Takes independent action to correct problems encountered during
systems operations within authority level granted by the IT
- Maintains integrity of program logic and coding, and
establishes required checks and balances for operational
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of computer operating procedures
and operating standards.
- Assists in studying and analyzing data processing functions,
methods and procedures, and makes recommendations concerning the
feasibility of revising existing programs or adapting new
applications to data processing operations that will more
effectively use Technology resources
- Produces procedural and technical documentation as
- Works directly with Business Systems Analyst to deliver bug
free solutions that meet objectives and specifications stated by
the requestor in the Business Requirements Document (BRD).
- Adhere to System Development Guidelines including but not
limited to Change Management Procedures.
- Designs programs following naming and coding conventions
established by the organization.
- Evaluate, present, and implement solutions as needed,
specifically for Digital Channels with an emphasis on home and
- Novice to Adequate skills at providing estimates and work
breakdowns to management staff.
- Report periodically to various entities in the organization,
stakeholders, customers, end users, etc. that have made programming
- Prepare reports on the status, operation and maintenance of
applications and system software for use by other IT and support
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Excellent listening and speaking skills.
- Complete required BSA & OFAC training annually
- Understand and adhere to BSA and OFAC policy and procedures.
Education/Work Experience/Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Technology or related discipline.
Courses in business and information systems necessary to develop
and maintain position proficiency.
- 3+ years of experience in credit union or financial
- Ability to write efficient and maintainable code using
- Ability to work independently with minimal or no
- Proficiency with Windows operating system.
- Proficiency in Windows operating systems and .NET
- Proficiency in development tools including Visual Studio
- Proficiency working with Client/Server architectures at various
- Proficiency using MS SQL Server as administrator, programmer
- Knowledge of SOAP, WPF application development, Windows Forms,
XML Web Services, LINQ, MVC Architecture, ASP.NET development, and
SQL Server interfacing
- Must be able to apply logical thinking to define problems,
establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Technical
- Must be able to provide interpreted technical instructions to a
non-technical audience. The position demands maturity, flexibility
and someone ready to contribute at a high level-and the rewards
that come with it.
- Fully paid health insurance premiums
- Quality medical, dental and vision care coverage
- 401(k) retirement plan with matching employer
- Strong commitment to investing in your career and educational
advancement by offering up to 100% Tuition reimbursement for
- Incentive plan
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays
- Flexible spending accounts
- Short and long-term disability coverage
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Provident membership
- Rate discount on home and auto loans
- In-house training
- And much more! Provident is an Equal Opportunity EmployerWe are
a winner of the Bay Area News Group Top Work Place in 2017 - 2020.
Check us out on Glassdoor - provided by Dice
Keywords: Provident Credit Union, Redwood City , Programmer Analyst, IT / Software / Systems , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!