UX Designer, Software
Company: Carbon, Inc.
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: January 8, 2022
Product Management - Product Management / Working at the
intersection of hardware, software, and molecular science, we are
committed to delivering on the promise of 3D printing, enabling
commercial customers to go beyond basic prototyping to 3D
manufacturing. Our company is built on the idea that when diverse
fields of study come together, we are able to solve challenging
problems. Our dream is to build technology that will influence
industries around the world. You will be joining a diverse team
with a dynamic culture, where team success is as important as
celebrating individual contributions. At Carbon, we're driven by
helping customers make great, previously unmake-able parts. We
craft experiences from the virtual through to the physical, from
preparing a print to cleaning the part in a washer. For this role,
we're looking for a strong designer who wants to work with our
product management and software engineering teams to understand our
customers, lead us through possible solutions, and then hop into
the trenches to make sure the pixels, and details of the product
are right. You love to look at usage data, and feel comfortable
using many user testing methodologies. We also expect you're good
at using the right tool for the job: a whiteboard and marker,
pencil and paper, Sketch file or our shared components style guide.
What You'll Do
- Work cross-functionally with Sales, Service, Product Management
and Engineering partners.
- Facilitate design discussions, give feedback, and share results
of customer research and usage.
- Collaborate closely with Product Leadership (product management
and software engineering) to define features and contribute to the
overall direction of the product.
- Design flows, prototypes, and high-fidelity visuals for
- Define, craft and evolve designs within a shared design
language and actively share knowledge on how to utilize the design
- Work closely with Software Engineering to ensure a high-quality
implementation and user experience. Preferred Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated track record of success in a UX design role.
- 1-3 years of professional experience.
- Strong collaboration skills, especially with product management
and software engineering.
- Previous startup or entrepreneurial experience preferred.
- A portfolio showcasing excellent design process and skills
including user research, wireframing, prototyping, visual design,
and interaction design.
- An interest in 3d printing, and computer-aided design (CAD) or
working on the software for a hardware product is preferred. Carbon
is an equal opportunity employer. We provide complete benefits and
competitive compensation including equity ownership. You do not
need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position.
Here at Carbon, we know that diverse perspectives foster the
innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to
building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds,
experiences, and skills.
Keywords: Carbon, Inc., Redwood City , UX Designer, Software, IT / Software / Systems , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!