Senior Software Engineer in Test
Company: Guardant Health
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on
helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary
blood tests, vast data sets and advanced analytics. The Guardant
Health Oncology Platform leverages capabilities to drive commercial
adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes and lower healthcare
costs across all stages of the cancer care continuum. Guardant
Health has launched liquid biopsy-based Guardant360 and
GuardantOMNI tests for advanced stage cancer patients and LUNAR
assay for research use and for use in prospective clinical trials.
In parallel, Guardant Health is actively exploring the performance
of the LUNAR assay in initial studies related to screening and
early detection in asymptomatic individuals.
Guardant Health is looking for an energetic and passionate Senior
Software Quality Engineer to join its growing software Quality
Engineering team. This team is responsible for delivering the
product functionality needed to support the laboratory workflow for
a number of its market leading cancer diagnostic tests as well as
integration with various oncology systems.
An Ideal candidate would have experience working in a regulated
environment with thorough knowledge of Quality Engineering best
practices and technical expertise to deliver software products
meeting the business needs in an efficient and fast paced
environment. This role requires someone who is adept at
understanding system architecture, design, implementation to
succinctly develop tailored test strategy and deliver quality
software products meeting regulatory standards. The candidate
should have the aptitude to work on parallel projects with
overlapping schedules, quickly learn new technologies, demonstrate
teamwork and technical leadership.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in Agile scrum team and work on Software Quality
- Design and execute test coverage for various functional and
integration aspects of the Enterprise Lab Information Management
- Partner with software development teams and stakeholders to
ensure Company Lab Information Management System of highly complex
genetic data meet or exceed our quality standards.
- Apply appropriate test methodologies including but not limited
to writing test plans, test cases, and execution of test scripts
within the sprint schedule.
- Create test cases in Jama and execute them to support scheduled
- Troubleshoot issues identified during testing and report
defects; able to distinguish between user error and application
- Perform System Integration testing at the end of functional
sprints prior to product release.
- Provide clear and concise feedback on defects, usability, and
other test findings/results.
- Identify and advocate testing standards and processes as needed
within the team.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure timely and
robust execution of testing as part of a regular release
- Provide coaching to other team members for designing test
strategies and test cases.
- Primary role as a manual tester with potential for some aspects
- Execute complex testing scenarios, perform in-depth statistical
analysis, and interpret results independently.
- Establish cross-functional relationships across business and
technical leads, architects, and product owners to ensure alignment
with business goals and enterprise-level architectural
- Apply QE standards, best practices, and principles to develop
quality plans that deliver optimal outcomes across multiple
- Deliver test documentation to support software development for
medical devices in compliance with FDA, CE mark, IEC 62304, PMDA
and ISO 13485 standards.
- B.S or higher degree in Computer Science, Engineering,
Bioinformatics, or a related study or equivalent project
- 8+ years of hands-on testing experience in Service Oriented
Architecture environment using COTS/SaaS solutions with API led
- 5+ years of experience in testing integrations in a hybrid
environment leveraging HL7/XML/JSON message formats.
- 3+ years of performing verification and validation activities
in medical device, pharma or healthcare regulated environment.
- 5+ years of experience using databases like Postgres, Oracle,
MSSQL Server or Mongo DB.
- 5+ years of experience in test preparation activities within an
Agile Development Process - Test Design, Test scripting, Test Data
- 5+ years of API test tools like Postman, Fiddler, SOAPUI
- Designed test automation to support CI/CD pipeline for software
- Proven ability to adapt to new technologies and design test
- Extensive experience in good testing practices, methodologies,
and automated tools.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills, including strong
ability to identify and solve ambiguous cross-functional software
quality related problems.
- Expertise in measuring and reporting quality-related metrics to
identify trends, anomalies and proactively resolve problems.
- Experience in identifying, analyzing, and narrowing down system
integration issues and performing root cause analysis.
- Expertise in developing and maintaining SDLC documentation such
as Verification Plan, Report, Risk Assessment and Traceability
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to deliver software releases in frequent cycles using
- Experience working in a regulated environment (CLIA, CAP,
HIPAA, SOX, 21 CFR Part 11, ISO 13485, IEC 62304, and other FDA
regulations) is desired.
- Working experience in MuleSoft platform is a plus.
Covid Vaccination Policy: Starting January 7, 2022, Guardant Health
will require all employees to be fully vaccinated to either (a)
establish that they have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19; or
(b) request and obtain an approved exemption from Guardant's
COVID-19 U.S. Vaccination Policy as a reasonable accommodation, as
consistent with applicable laws. An employee is considered fully
vaccinated against COVID-19 two weeks after receiving the second
dose of a two-dose vaccine or one dose of a single-dose
vaccination. Acceptable vaccines are approved or under emergency
use authorization by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
and/or the World Health Organization (WHO). In addition,
fully-vaccinated employees will be required to maintain their
fully-vaccinated status under this policy by obtaining, if
applicable, any FDA-approved boosters.
Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies and use
office equipment. Majority of the work is performed in a
desk/office environment; however, there may be exposure to high
noise levels, fumes, and biohazard material in the laboratory
environment. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Guardant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be
discriminated against on the basis of disability.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
To learn more about the information collected when you apply for a
position at Guardant Health, Inc. and how it is used, please review
our Privacy Notice for Job Applicants.
Please visit our career page at:
Keywords: Guardant Health, Redwood City , Senior Software Engineer in Test, IT / Software / Systems , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!