Sr. Manager, IT SOX Compliance
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: May 14, 2022
This role requires Hybrid in-office 3x/week in our Redwood City
HQ when we return to office.
Poshmark is seeking a Senior Manager, IT SOX Compliance to assist
and participate to establish and support our SOX compliance
implementation efforts. We're the largest social commerce
marketplace for fashion where anyone can buy, sell, and share their
personal style. With over two million Seller Stylists and millions
of shoppers, Poshmark brings together a vibrant community every day
to express themselves and share their love of fashion
As the Senior Manager, IT SOX Compliance, you will work to assist
and drive our internal policies and SOX compliance implementation
by partnering with cross functional teams to design, develop and
test against established SOX compliance controls. The visibility
across the functions provides valuable insights into process and
controls as you work with various business process owners. The
ability to collaborate with internal stakeholders, outsourced
consultants, and external auditor to further define and document
robust controls and processes to establish best practices
monitoring and review process to mitigate risk and ensure SOX
compliance. The candidate must have strong experience with Sarbanes
Oxley, COSO framework and PCAOB requirements, be detailed oriented,
hands on, have strong technical and communication skills. This
position requires management capabilities to communicate with and
educate finance and non-finance personnel on internal controls,
financial policies, and reporting requirements.
The role reports to Senior Director, SOX Compliance and Governance.
You will be responsible for establishing, coordinating, and
directing the overall IT SOX program within the team, including
resources, timing of required activities such as walkthroughs,
testing and reporting based on agreed upon timing with external
auditors and Management. This role will be primarily responsible
for planning, coordinating, and executing company-wide IT SOX
Compliance efforts and other special projects.
You will have the opportunity to work closely with our growing
Finance team, as well as cross functionally with leadership on our
Operations, Marketing, Product, Data, and Engineering teams.
Seeking someone with attention to detail and the ability to pivot
to keep up with the changing business landscape who also advocates
best practices. The flexibility and ability to collaborate with the
teams to execute and implement better controls in the most
efficient way possible to ultimately enable quality reporting and
accounting operations that support the growth of our business.
- Assist in driving the SOX process from design, development,
testing and walkthroughs over the company's SOX 404(b)
implementation and adoption of company's internal control over
- Responsible for walkthroughs, testing, remediation,
documentation, and reporting for IT controls, including IT General
Controls, Automated Controls, Interfaces, Reports and End-User
Computing Controls, IT tool testing etc.
- Lead IT SOX audits on general controls, application and
interface controls, experience with ERP system experience is
- Review SOX control documentation for completeness and accuracy
of reports and Information Produced by the Entity (IPE).
- Evaluate risks and controls for new system implementations,
assess the financial impact on SOX controls and provide solutions
and recommendation to identified issues.
- Explore and support automation strategies for control
- Participate in process reviews and identify opportunities for
significant enhancements in operational efficiency, overall
effectiveness, and identifiable benefits to the company.
- Provide routine and educational training to the control owners
to ensure a thorough understanding of the SOX program, control
design and the impact of their controls on Poshmark's financial
- Ownership for drafting and finalizing in partnership with
internal and external audit deficiency remediation.
- Assist in providing regular reporting to senior management
regarding control performance and findings.
- Manage and coordinate control testing performed by a
third-party service provider and management attestation as to the
effectiveness of the control environment.
- Review controls regularly to ensure adequate design. Provide
guidance, identify improvements to control design and monitor
- 7-10 years of work experience, with 3+ years at a public
accounting firm preferred, including experience in SOX/internal
controls, internal/external auditing, operation, and process
- -Minimum experience of seven years in internal or external
auditing, with emphasis on IT auditing, preferably with a
multi-national company or Big 4 accounting firm. -
- Bachelor's degree is required in a related field, information
systems, computer science, business, finance, or accounting
preferred. One of the following professional certifications
required: Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Information
Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Systems Security
Professionals (CISSP); Certified Information Security Manager
(CISM) or Certified Information Privacy Professional
- A strong understanding of the ITGC areas and the IT governance
- Strong understanding, expertise, and experience in PCAOB
standards, SOX, COSO Framework, SEC, and US GAAP.
- Experience with risk areas including, financial, operational,
compliance and cybersecurity
- Demonstrated experience in conducting risk assessments,
internal audit projects and executing internal control
- Ability to meet stringent deadlines in a fast-paced
environment, demonstrates sense of urgency and should be results
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and ownership with
focus on continuous improvement.
- Strong project management skills and able to work independently
and effectively within a team environment.
Keywords: Poshmark, Redwood City , Sr. Manager, IT SOX Compliance, IT / Software / Systems , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!