Scientist, Applied Research
Company: Synthego Corporation
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: February 17, 2021
We are seeking a creative, collaborative, and motivated
Scientist to join Synthego's Applied Research Team. The scientist
in this role will focus on advancing cutting-edge CRISPR
technologies to support Synthego's platforms for cell therapies and
high-throughput gene editing. The ideal applicant has a strong
technical background in genome engineering, with a passion for
working with both external collaborators and internal
cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment to solve
practical challenges and devise new methodologies.-- What You'll
- Evaluate new technologies and methods that enhance
capabilities, activity, and specificity of our genome engineering
- Adapt, innovate, and refine existing genome engineering methods
for projects that help support Research platform and customer
product development goals.
- Optimize and develop clear gene editing protocols for a wide
range of cell types, including immortalized cell lines, primary
cells, and stem cells (human iPSCs and ESCs).---Maintain strong
working relationships with external scientific collaborators.
- Work collaboratively and cross-functionally across internal
groups including: Research, Engineering, Business Development,
Product, Sales, and Marketing.
- Stay current on advances in the genome engineering field,
attend virtual and in-person conferences and present relevant
findings during internal and external forums.
- Share your knowledge and expertise by maintaining excellent
team communication and mentoring junior team members. About You
- PhD with 3-5 years of relevant experience (can include graduate
studies) with training in one of the following disciplines:
Molecular/Cell Biology, Microbiology, or a related field.
- Experienced in utilizing CRISPR gene editing technology for
both in vivo and in vitro experiments.---Familiarity with
sequencing (Sanger, NGS) and biochemical assays for quantifying
- Experienced in mammalian cell culture (human iPSC experience is
a plus) with proficiency in clonal isolation and automation
- Experience with Protein purification and isolation is a
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to present
relevant scientific findings to a wide audience.
- Can wear the many hats required to succeed in a fast-paced,
energetic start-up environment.
- Highly adaptable with a friendly and collaborative work ethic.
About Us Synthego is a genome engineering company that enables the
acceleration of life science research and development in the
pursuit of improved human health. The company leverages machine
learning, automation, and gene editing to build platforms for
science at scale. With its foundations in engineering disciplines,
the company's platforms vertically integrate proprietary hardware,
software, bioinformatics, chemistries, and molecular biology to
advance basic research, target validation, and clinical trials. By
providing both commercial and academic researchers and therapeutic
developers with unprecedented access to cutting-edge genome
engineering, Synthego is at the forefront of innovation,
accelerating the development of truly engineered biology.
Keywords: Synthego Corporation, Redwood City , Scientist, Applied Research, Other , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!