Sr RD Engineer Systems and Robotics
Company: Johnson & Johnson
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: February 19, 2021
Auris Health, Inc., part of the Johnson & Johnson family of
companies, is recruiting for a Sr RD Engineer Systems and Robotics
located in Redwood City, CA.
Auris Health, Inc. is transforming medical intervention. By
combining advancements in medical robotics, instrumentation,
navigation and data science, Auris is building a platform
technology capable of expanding the applicability of robotics to a
spectrum of medical procedures. Learn more about Auris Health
In this role, the Engineer owns systems and robotics/algorithm
sub-system testing development, validation, and DV across programs
within the Endoscopy division. Owns DV test methods, serves as SME
on device performance, and assumes responsibilities as needed in
the following areas on development teams: test method development,
development testing, requirement testability and substantiation,
and investigation related to failures, poorly understood risks,
performance shifts, or product robustness. As a senior member of
the team, this individual will also serve in a spokesman capacity
for the team as well as provide technical and operational
leadership and mentorship within the team.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Works within development team to develop tests for design
verification, including test design, electromechanical fixture
development, bench model development, and script development.
- Serves as an SME and drives continuous improvement in
methodologies for test case design and test execution
- Performs root cause investigations and designs / executes
experiments as warranted to address DV failures and other
performance observations, or in support of other product
- Owns and maintains test case content
- Performs test method validation / MSA and non-product software
validations for all design verification tests
- Writes and executes design verification and engineering test
protocols; analyzes data and authors test reports
- Collaborates on design input clarity and testability
- Applies statistical and problem solving (e.g. fishbone, 5-whys,
DMAIC principles) analysis methods in any investigation /
- May take lead in DV operations, such as driving consensus on
strategy, owning DV plans and summary reports, or project level
- Trains and mentors junior staff within and outside team
- Other related duties as needed may be assigned.
Knowledge/Skills, Education, And Experience
- BS/BA in Mechanical Engineering, EE, Biomedical Engineering or
equivalent required. Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering, EE,
Biomedical Engineering or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 4 years hands-on experience in the medical device
industry, in an engineering function required. Experience with
complex electromechanical systems with medical device software
- Prior experience developing/implementing test methods
- Prior experience with V&V testing and related Design
Control processes (e.g. product development lifecycle, requirements
mgmt., risk mgmt.) required.
- Demonstrated success with experimental design and investigative
- Ability to own and drive tasks in a project team; ability to
serve as process owner cross-functionally for testing/test
- Habitually self-motivated, curious, and failure-seeking.
Applies critical big picture thinking in completing tasks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Proficiency in SolidWorks/fixture design preferred
- Proficiency in Matlab/Python/Linux preferred
- Proficiency in statistical principles/tools and statistics
- Ability to work in a regulated environment in compliance to ISO
13485 and 21 CFR 820
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected
veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis
Keywords: Johnson & Johnson, Redwood City , Sr RD Engineer Systems and Robotics, Other , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!