Location: Redwood City
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made
it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way.
Tempus' platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world
evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians,
providing critical information about the right treatments for the
right patients, at the right time.
The ideal candidate has significant expertise in the biomedical
or clinical domain, and is eager to apply his or her skills to
improve patient outcomes.
What You Will Do:
- Design and prototype novel analysis tools and algorithms for
electronic phenotyping on both structured and unstructured EHR
- End-to-end large scale machine learning model integration.
- Collaborate with product, science, engineering, and business
development teams to build the most advanced data solutions in
- Interrogate analytical results for robustness, validity, and
out of sample stability.
- Document, summarize, and present your findings to a group of
peers and stakeholders.
- PhD or MA in a quantitative or computational field such as
Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Machine Learning,
Biomedical Informatics or related field.
- 1+ years of industry/academic experience in prototyping and
building machine learning models for Electronic Health
- Experience in modern Deep Learning and Natural Language
Processing (NLP) techniques, including Transformers, seq2seq with
- Experience with real world large scale machine learning.
- Experience with EHR data and data analysis: demographic
variables, diagnostic codes, comorbidities, laboratory values
- 1+ years of programming experience in Python.
- Proficiency in frameworks like Pytorch, Tensorflow, or
- Experience building production-ready NLP systems.
- Experience designing and implementing large-scale distributed
- Strong programming skills, familiarity with software
development cycles, solid understanding of software concepts - data
structures and algorithms.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and willing to shift
- Experience with communicating insights and presenting concepts
to diverse audiences.
- Team player mindset and ability to work in an interdisciplinary
- Goal orientation, self motivation, and drive to make a positive
impact in healthcare.
- Ability to implement state-of-the-art algorithms in Document
Classification, Text Analytics, and Transformers and Graph Neural
Networks for EHR.
- Experience using biomedical knowledge information systems, such
as UMLS, SNOMED CT, and RxNorm
- Good understanding of Statistics, probability calibration,
- Publications in SIGIR, CIKM, ACL, AAAI, KDD, EMNLP, ICML, ICLR,
NeurIPS or equivalent.
- Clinical/Healthcare domain experience especially in
Cardiovascular diseases is preferred.
Keywords: Tempus, Redwood City , NLP Scientist, Other , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!