Business Analytics and Data Platform Lead
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Split is transforming the way to build and deliver software
products. Our business is growing fast and we need to invest more
in getting better insights to continue driving and accelerating our
growth. As Split's first dedicated Data Platform and Business
Analytics Lead, you will be fundamental to driving insights and
knowledge across the organization by owning our business
intelligence, reporting, and data analytics capabilities.
You must be a flexible, dynamic, and confident self-starter with
the ability to manage multiple projects across many disciplines
with strong follow through. This role requires strategic thinking,
analytical capabilities, strong interpersonal skills,
collaboration, and the ability to execute a variety of projects
that require expediency, accuracy, and quality. You will be most
successful with a healthy combination of both technical skills and
business acumen that bridges analytics and business.
You will be responsible for a broad range of projects, including
data collection, data cleanup, modeling and management, business
analysis and dashboard creation for product, operations, sales,
marketing, customer success and engineering.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Work closely across the matrix with teams like Finance, Sales
and Customer Success, Marketing, Product, and Engineering to
capture requirements, influence the end-state way we make
decisions, and craft world class BI tools to support those
- Build dashboards, self-service tools, and reports to analyze
and present the key business levers and metrics associated with our
sales and marketing motion, customer experience, product
performance, cost to service our customers, business operations,
and strategic decision making.
- Aggregate data from various sources to construct streamlined
data pipelines and integrate data from multiple systems.
- Build and maintain our ETL and data models as well as the
documentation so that the data can be leveraged also by others
- Manage our analytics infrastructure in partnership with IT and
You are a good fit if you are:
- Are proficient in writing analytical and performant SQL Ideally
have experience with dbt.
- Have a solid understanding of data warehouses and business
intelligence tools (we use Snowflake and Looker)
- Have experience using the command line and git
- Experience in managing data and data models
- Can communicate clearly and directly about complex technical
- Are passionate about building the best version of whatever
you're working on
- Are highly motivated to work autonomously, with strong
organizational and time management skills
- Some knowledge of Python would be a plus
- Exhibits a high level integrity, discretion, and
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in business
operations/intelligence, finance, or data scientist/analytics roles
within a technology company, preferably for a Saas business.
Split is the leading Feature Delivery Platform for engineering
teams that want to confidently release features as fast as they can
develop them. Split's fine-grained management, real-time
monitoring, and data-driven experimentation ensure that new
features will improve customer experience without breaking or
degrading performance. Split ingests performance data and runs
real-time statistical analyses on every new feature so that
engineering teams can respond immediately to bad releases, measure
changes in user experience, and build high-quality software.
Engineering teams at Twilio, Salesforce, and WePay trust Split to
power their feature delivery.Split is based in Redwood City,
California and backed by Accel Partners and Lightspeed Venture
Keywords: Split, Redwood City , Business Analytics and Data Platform Lead, Other , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!