Senior Patent Agent, Bioinformatics
Company: Guardant Health, Inc.
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused
on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary
blood tests, vast data sets and advanced analytics. The Guardant
Health Oncology Platform leverages capabilities to drive commercial
adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes and lower healthcare
costs across all stages of the cancer care continuum. Guardant
Health has launched liquid biopsy-based Guardant360, Guardant360
CDx and GuardantOMNI tests for advanced stage cancer patients.
These tests fuel development of its LUNAR program, which aims to
address the needs of early-stage cancer patients with neoadjuvant
and adjuvant treatment selection, cancer survivors with
surveillance, asymptomatic individuals eligible for cancer
screening and individuals at a higher risk for developing cancer
with early detection.
The Patent Agent will be responsible for aspects of Guardant
Health's U.S. and foreign patent prosecution, focused on
bioinformatics, including global prosecution strategies and
technical document analysis related to the company's intellectual
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designing and implementing prior art, freedom to operate, and
- Partner with scientific and clinical staff to understand new
developments, as well as designing and implementing patent
strategies to ensure the necessary protection.
- Participate in overseeing prosecution of the company's
portfolio of U.S. and global patents and patent applications.
- Draft new patent applications and responses to office
- Monitor and analyze competitor intellectual property.
- Work with our patent attorneys and other members of the Legal
- A minimum of 6 years of experience, ideally in a Patent Agent
role working with hands-on patent prosecution
- MS or PhD. Degree in Molecular Biology, Bioinformatics, or
other relevant technologies
- Experience with the use, and preferably the development, of
software for the analysis of large sets of DNA sequences.
Familiarity with statistics and probability theory, especially as
applied to machine learning applications, would be optimal.
- Familiarity with cancer molecular biology.
- Experience literature searching and conducting freedom to
- Past knowledge of reviewing technical manuscripts, posters, and
other materials related to publications and drafting patent
- Experience reviewing and evaluating commercial and technical
activities of third parties
- You're known for your collaboration skills and your ability to
draw out critical nuance while partnering with highly technical
- You have established relationships working with outside counsel
to draft applications, office action responses, amendments and
various prosecution documents.
- You have a history of supporting your company's business and
research activities, including providing guidance regarding
patentability, freedom-to-operate, patent invalidity and
non-infringement, as well as conducting due diligence.
- Strong sense of integrity and appreciation for managing
Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies and use
office equipment. Majority of the work is performed in a
desk/office environment; however, there may be exposure to high
noise levels, fumes, and biohazard material in the laboratory
environment. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Guardant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be
discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Keywords: Guardant Health, Inc., Redwood City , Senior Patent Agent, Bioinformatics, Other , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!