Scientist, Discovery Research
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: May 3, 2021
We are seeking a creative, enthusiastic, and highly motivated
scientist to join Synthego's research group. In this role, the
scientist will focus on developing new platforms and ideas to
accelerate CRISPR-based cell therapies in immunology. The ideal
candidate has a strong technical background to draw from and a
passion for creating novel interdisciplinary solutions in a
fast-paced, dynamic environment.
What You'll Do
- Design, plan, and execute experiments independently.
- Develop relevant assays particularly related to immune cell
- Utilize automation technologies to enable large array-based
- Mentor and supervise research associates as needed.
- Conduct and present detailed data analyses to internal and
- Ph.D. with 2+ years experience in one of the following
disciplines: Immunology, CAR-T, or a related field
- Experience using CRISPR or related gene-editing technologies in
a variety of cell types.
- Knowledge of cell culture techniques required for both adherent
and suspension cell types.
- Familiarity with automation and array-based screens a
- Willing to learn and develop new techniques and
- Strong interpersonal skills and a proactive attitude.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills are
Company Perks & Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Generous equity at a rapid growth company
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k Plan
- Free catered lunches and dinners with fully stocked kitchen &
- Onsite Gym
- Daily Shuttle bus to & from San Francisco
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Synthego is a genome engineering company that enables the
acceleration of life science research and development in the
pursuit of improved human health.
The company leverages machine learning, automation, and gene
editing to build platforms for science at scale. With its
foundations in engineering disciplines, the company's platforms
vertically integrate proprietary hardware, software,
bioinformatics, chemistries, and molecular biology to advance basic
research, target validation, and clinical trials.
By providing both commercial and academic researchers and
therapeutic developers with unprecedented access to cutting-edge
genome engineering, Synthego is at the forefront of innovation,
accelerating the development of truly engineered biology.
Keywords: Synthego, Redwood City , Scientist, Discovery Research, Other , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!