Robotics Automation Engineer
Company: Ascend Clinical
Location: redwood city
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Career Opportunities with Ascend Clinical
You will work for a company that is transforming the
We are Ascend, one of the highest volume clinical laboratories
in the United States. With the use of the most advanced tools and
technology, we process millions of tests each month. For over 30
years, we have been delivering industry-leading service and
excellence in testing. At Ascend, we are relentlessly innovating
and growing to pioneer the future of healthcare.
Ascend is unlike most companies, offering the discipline of a
healthcare leader and the mentality of a tech startup. At all
times, our employees are taking on new challenges and solving
problems. As a company that is on the leading edge, we are seeking
individuals with a similar mindset who enjoy a dynamic, fast-paced
The successful applicant will be able to perform these essential
duties satisfactorily. The following are representative of these
duties. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Construct lean, effective robotic workflows to create a fully
automated, designer show-case laboratory
- Collaborate with domestic and international vendors to help
create innovative solutions to manual processes
- Lead in planning, implementing and monitoring manufactured as
well as custom built automation systems
- Improve, streamline and automate high production processes such
as (but not limited to):
- Box receiving, unpacking and reassembly
- Tube unpacking, receiving and sorting
- Kit system integration
- Warehouse receiving, shipping and distribution
- Skilled in operations, process improvement, workflow and
- Experience in automating high volume production manufacturing
- Knowledgeable in choosing and programming controllers and
establishing communication between sensors, actuators, and
- Equipment troubleshooting skills, problem solver, creative
thinker, flexible and adaptable
- Excellent computer and communication skills
- Knowledge of Lean and Six Sigma
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Industrial, Mechanical or
other relevant field from four-year College or University and one
to two years related experience
- Entrepreneurial spirit- As the industry
leader, we are continually innovating and breaking new ground.
- Dynamic environment- Expect new challenges and
make an impact every day.
- Personal development- Always opportunities to
learn and grow.
- Generous benefits- Medical, PTO Policy and
Company 401K match.
Keywords: Ascend Clinical, Redwood City , Robotics Automation Engineer, Other , redwood city, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!