Johnson & Johnson Robotics and Digital Solutions company, is
hiring for a Senior Software Engineer, Product Owner located in
Redwood City, CA.
Do you seek big, complex, ambiguous problems? Are you passionate
about having a significant impact on the experience, effectiveness,
and efficiency of your colleagues through innovative technology
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the
uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be
an equal opportunity employer.
Johnson & Johnson Robotics & Digital Solutions is a technology
company defining the future of medical intervention. By combining
advancements in medical robotics, instrumentation, navigation and
data science, Johnson & Johnson is building a platform technology
capable of expanding the applicability of robotics to a spectrum of
The Sr. Software Engineer will join a team of hardworking
roboticists and software engineers who are trying to tackle some of
the hardest problems in medicine today. In addition to design,
implement and test software solutions, she/he will be heavily
involved in specifications and requirements definitions based on
clinical and user inputs. The position requires not only rock-solid
C++ development skills, but also the ability to work as a Hands-on
Product Owner for the Software team. She/He will work closely with
the other software engineers as well as engineers from other groups
to lead architecture decisions, implement, and test software
solutions. She/He will also manage the Priorities and release
deliverables for the given program. We are looking for a candidate
that can work independently and also function well within a team,
that has the desire to bring the latest software technologies into
the medical world, is self-motivated, curious and willing to
redefine the world of surgical robotics.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Work with customer and stakeholders, agile leaders, architects,
tech leads and engineering leadership to develop and maintain
product/program vision and priorities
- Maintain a healthy and prioritized product backlog with
appropriately sized epics and stories to ensure availability of a
steady flow of requirements.
- Leads a shared understanding of "What" we should build and be
able to justify "Why" through discussion and documentation
- Understand product, clinical and system needs and customer
input requirements to drive software development.
- Contribute to prototypes in object oriented programming
language in an FDA regulated environment.
- Lead design discussion and code reviews.
- Implement and integrate control algorithms on the robotics
- BS/MS in Computer science, Computer Engineering or
- 2+years of experience in developing desktop applications
- Proficiency with object oriented programming and multi-threaded
- Strong experience in Agile methodologies
- Experience of working in a distributed programs, navigating
through complexities and competing priorities from multiple
- Familiar with medical imaging modalities such as CT, MRI or
- Familiar with development on complex hardware and robotics
- Experience with Unit testing and software Verification and
- Familiarity with design controls and regulated
- Ability to work in a regulated environment in compliance to IEC
62304, ISO 13485 and 21 CFR 820 a plus
- Prior Technical Program Manager, Technical Product owner
experience a plus
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Experience with architecting C++ Applications
- Experience with GUI development (QT preferred).
- Knowledge of OpenGL and 3D rendering a plus
- Familiar with computer vision, computer graphics and image
processing a plus
- Experience developing software under Linux and Microsoft
- Experience in the medical device industry.
Less than 5% travel yearly.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected
veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis
United States-California-Redwood City-150 Shoreline Dr
Auris Health, Inc. (6267)