Medical Science Liaison, LUNAR program-MRD
Company: Guardant Health, Inc.
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: May 3, 2021
About the company
Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused
on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary
blood tests, vast data sets and advanced analytics. Guardant
Health's Oncology Platform is designed to leverage its capabilities
in technology, clinical development, regulatory and reimbursement
to improve patient clinical outcomes and lower healthcare costs. In
pursuit of its goal to manage cancer across all stages of the
disease, Guardant Health has launched multiple liquid biopsy-based
tests, Guardant360CDx and GuardantOMNI, for patients with advanced
cancer, which fuel its LUNAR development programs for cancer
recurrence and early detection. Since its launch in 2014,
Guardant360 has been used by more than 7,000 oncologists, over 50
biopharmaceutical companies and at all 27 of the National
Comprehensive Cancer Network centers.
About the Role
The primary role of a Medical Science Liaison (MSL), LUNAR
program is to educate and support academic key opinion leaders
(KOLs) with the most current education materials supporting the
clinical value of Guardant Health's product(s) and in particular
the Lunar assay. The MSL will seek opportunities to engage and
develop KOLs. This is completed through direct education of KOLs
with slides, abstracts, and publications relevant to Guardant
Health's products and services, participating in the development
and creation of educational slides to be deployed in focused events
(such as academic grand rounds or Continuing Medical Education
(CME) lectures), training speakers/educators, and identifying
opportunities for collaboration on relevant research projects and
other projects of mutual interest.
The MSL will be effective at translating data from research
projects and disseminating key information through publications and
presentations at national meetings, CME, and educational
activities. The role of the MSL position also involves supporting
commercial operations, marketing, and managed care; education and
training of the sales team, and development of local/regional
specialty society and health plan physician influencers to
- Identify, develop and/or maintain strong, collaborative working
relationships with key academic and community physicians, and KOLs
to promote understanding and adoption of our novel diagnostic
- Identify and position KOLs to present at scientific forums such
as national and regional specialty society meetings, as well as
Grand Rounds and CME events at targeted institutions.
- Critically review and develop education slides based on new
publications and research findings, for approval by Medical Affairs
- Facilitate meetings and scientific opportunities for Guardant
Health that initiate and strengthen relationships with KOLs and
other key physician influencers.
- Support on-site oral presentations, data reviews, and
interactive education events for KOLs, also known as "deep dive" or
"VIP" visits to Guardant Health.
- Assist Managed Care in mobilizing physician and KOL calls and
letters to payers/insurers in targeted campaigns.
- Synopsize and educate key personnel regarding emerging
abstracts and publications relevant to molecular testing.
- Assist in agenda planning and meeting facilitation of Clinical
- Function as the primary clinical resource to the Sales &
Marketing team with participation in medical updates, scientific
presentations, journal clubs, teleconferences, and meetings as
- Facilitate opportunities for the Marketing and Medical Affairs
teams to partner with KOLs for focus groups, PR events, working
meetings, and scientific forums.
- Terminal degree in a scientific field of study (Pharm.D.,
Ph.D., M.D. or academic equivalent such as Associate Professor
- Clinical expertise or related experience in relevant
specialties is highly desirable. Minimum of 3-5 years of healthcare
experience in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry.
- Experience working with experts at academic medical centers to
build consensus around new products and/or services.
- Prior experience as an MSL in the introduction of a novel new
clinical product is highly desired.
- Experience with primary care, gastroenterology, pulmonology
and/or oncology is desired
- Applies advanced knowledge of the biotechnology, diagnostics,
and pharmaceutical industry.
- Ability to apply advanced knowledge of company product
- Intermediate-to-advanced knowledge of the following computer
software programs: Microsoft Office: Powerpoint, Excel, and
- Ability to work independently and remotely while maintaining a
strong teamwork ethic.
- Multi-dimensional in abilities to work on simultaneous tasks,
work cross-team and at different levels of the organization,
whether internal or external relationships to the
- Self-directed, intrinsically motivated, flexible to changes in
an ever changing dynamic environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills, good attention to detail, time
management skills, and personal initiative.
- Exceptional human relations skills to coordinate the
accomplishment of tasks through other people.
- Outstanding oral presentation skills.
- Highly developed written skills, the ability to produce
documents for dissemination both inside and outside the
organization for presentations, technical briefs, and scientific
- Ability to elicit and answer clinical questions in groups
ranging from individuals to larger didactic roundtables and
- Ability to address high-level experts in the scientific field
at company-sponsored events and trade shows.
- Ability to translate complex information for concise
communication and education
- Excellent proofreading skills, with the ability to proof for
proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, and formatting of
- Extensive travel required up to 2-3 days per week to meet with
KOLs, attend physician education talks and conferences, including
specialty society scientific meetings (will require some weekend
work). Travel is estimated to be approximately 50%.
- Must be physically able to handle extensive travel in vehicle,
plane, or other modes of public transport.
- Office may be home-based, and involves extensive use of
computer and keyboard while in home office.
- Requires the ability to focus on multiple tasks simultaneously,
work in high-paced, high-energy environment.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
Keywords: Guardant Health, Inc., Redwood City , Medical Science Liaison, LUNAR program-MRD, Other , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!