Genomics Specialist-Eastern US
Company: Guardant Health, Inc.
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: May 3, 2021
About the company
Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused
on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary
blood tests, vast data sets and advanced analytics. Guardant
Health's Oncology Platform is designed to leverage its capabilities
in technology, clinical development, regulatory and reimbursement
to improve patient clinical outcomes and lower healthcare costs. In
pursuit of its goal to manage cancer across all stages of the
disease, Guardant Health has launched multiple liquid biopsy-based
tests, Guardant360CDx and GuardantOMNI, for patients with advanced
cancer, which fuel its LUNAR development programs for cancer
recurrence and early detection. Since its launch in 2014,
Guardant360 has been used by more than 7,000 oncologists, over 50
biopharmaceutical companies and at all 27 of the National
Comprehensive Cancer Network centers.
About the Role
The primary role of a Genomics Specialist is to review
Guardant360 reports with physicians and assist with the
interpretation of the results. In addition the Genomics Specialist
is an adept communicator of the most current education materials
supporting the clinical value of Guardant Health's product(s).
These materials include speaker slides, abstracts and publications.
The Genomics Specialist will directly educate ordering physicians
by reviewing their results and aiding in their interpretation. The
Genomic Specialist will assist members of the medical affairs team
with data pulls and descriptive data analyses for use in
The Genomics Specialist will be effective at translating data
from research study findings and reviewing published articles in
the next generation sequencing (NGS) arena. The Genomics Specialist
does not make recommendations regarding clinical care decisions,
but is facile with genomics-directed matched therapies and clinical
trials. The role of the Genomics Specialist position also involves
supporting education and training of the sales and customer service
- Introduce new physician utilizers of NGS testing to
interpretation of reports.
- Prepare case reviews for more advanced training of physicians
in report interpretation.
- Work closely with assigned sales region(s) to provide Medical
Affairs support, both internally and externally.
- Provide real-time support to answer providers questions through
our live call transfer process.
- Support provider engagement through proactive outreach
- Function as a clinical resource to the sales & marketing team
with participation in medical updates, scientific presentations,
journal clubs, teleconferences, and meetings as requested.
- Provide input based on new study findings and publications into
sales and customer service training, and marketing
- Critically review and develop educational materials for sales
and customer service teams, and hold periodic trainings.
- Synopsize and educate key personnel regarding emerging
abstracts and publications relevant to molecular testing.
- Perform data queries and descriptive data analyses for use in
- Represent medical affairs to provide input on cross-functional
projects requiring genomic specialist involvement.
- Clinical expertise or related experience in relevant
specialties is highly desirable.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of healthcare experience in the
pharmaceutical or biotech industry.
- Prior experience as an Genomics Specialist in the introduction
of a novel new clinical product is highly desired.
- Applies advanced knowledge of the biotechnology, diagnostics
and pharmaceutical industry.
- Ability to apply advanced knowledge of company product
- Intermediate-to-advanced knowledge of the following computer
software programs: Microsoft Office: Powerpoint, Excel, and
- Ability to work independently and remotely while maintaining a
strong teamwork ethic.
- Multi-dimensional in abilities to work on simultaneous tasks,
work cross-team and at different levels of the organization,
whether internal or external relationships to the
- Self-directed, intrinsically motivated, flexible to changes in
an ever changing dynamic environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills, good attention to detail, time
management skills and personal initiative.
- Exceptional human relations skills to coordinate the
accomplishment of tasks through other people.
- Outstanding oral presentation skills.
- Highly developed written skills, the ability to produce
documents for dissemination both inside and outside the
organization for presentations, technical briefs and scientific
- Ability to elicit and answer clinical questions in groups
ranging from individuals to larger didactic roundtables and
- Ability to address high-level experts in the scientific field
at company-sponsored events and trade shows.
- Excellent proofreading skills, with the ability to proof for
proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, and formatting of
- Experience with data queries and descriptive statistic analyses
using Microsoft excel.
- Master's degree or higher preferred.
Please visit our career page at: http://www.guardanthealth.com/jobs/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
Keywords: Guardant Health, Inc., Redwood City , Genomics Specialist-Eastern US, Other , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!